Re: How long does it take to delete a EA account?

by VollarTT

Original Post

★★ Novice
after reading all these comments i think im going to have to give up on apex legends because by the time my account is actually deleted i would have missed out on so much content thus making me a noob all over again
Message 51 of 66 (1,379 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

my old EA account is linked to my current PSN account and I can not play Anthem, which I bought for PS4 on pre-sale. I was going to play before my college came back but I think that won't be possible. If we were on the Steam y'all already have our accounts deleted, but we are talking to CrEAp so, hope to all you guys 

Also, my account is the the deletion queue for a month.

Message 52 of 66 (1,365 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing here. 

I didnt realize EA made an account when I got my xbox last year, so I was trying to link my Twitch Prime to get the Apex loot, and went to delete the account. Now everything is in invalid and I can't play ANYTHING by EA. 

CS has been * horrible. Wont escalate the call to a supervisor, one rep told me to Download a Demo and it'll prompt me to enter the new EA info, and of course it didn't. 

Seriously, * this company. Nothing takes this long to delete. 

I'm at the point now where everyone needs to stop paying this company, and protest it. Nobody should pay money to receive this insane customer service. 

Message 53 of 66 (1,315 Views)

★★★ Newbie
You ever get it deleted... been waiting on mine for 2 months
Message 54 of 66 (1,263 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same...I've been waiting on deleting a duplicate account since early January. I just live chatted with them, and apparently by doing that it "resets" the place of your ticket in the queue. What the hell. 

Message 55 of 66 (1,190 Views)

★ Novice

Wow I can't believe so many people are having this problem. I have requested an account deletion in august. It's been almost seven months now!! And what's funny is that support told me that there's no problem starting an EA game or trying to log in with my account. I don't know what to believe anymore.

Message 56 of 66 (1,168 Views)

★★★ Newbie

been waiting since september 3rd. yay.

Message 57 of 66 (1,134 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this same problem. I can’t believe how long it takes. It makes question how competent ea really is. 

Message 58 of 66 (1,027 Views)

★★★ Novice

@eryri1981 wrote:

I got an update from my personal customer service rep the other day saying mines in final stages before getting deleted. No idea what that means and he has no idea how long it will take. Mines taken 4-5 weeks so far.

Will update once it finally gets done.

any update with the better business bureau case? just to add to the thread i requested my delete the first week of March so it’s been about three weeks. i haven’t logged back into the account since my request but i did make the mistake of trying to play apex and got the account invalid error message which i guess resets you in the que.

i will say when i originally requested the delete the woman i chatted with indicated that i only needed to wait 72 hours as if the delete should be done that quickly. sounds like theyve been giving out conflicting information on the turnaround time. i tried to ask a rep i chatted with yesterday what the average turnaround time for an account deletion is and she just ended the chat rather than responding. 

i dont have anything new to add but i thought another example of someone having the same problem might help.

good luck everyone i’ve got my fingers crossed.

Message 59 of 66 (1,004 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still not been deleted from my original request on the 1st jan. The rep had got my hopes up by keeping in touch and telling me he was on the case. Just checked back through my emails with him and he actually said in an email my account would be deleted within 30 days, that was on the 14th of jan and its not been done. I havent had a reply to any of my last 2 emails from the rep, so guess he's resorted to ignoring me now.

I acually went back to the bbb the other day and this is the response i got back from ea to the case:

Hello, ​ Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We worked with the customer following a previous case/contact with our support, and will look into their feedback further. ​ EA Help 

If working with me means lying and making false promises, not deleting my account like i asked then continue to ignore me, then yeah, i guess they did work with me lol.

They are an absolute joke.

Message 60 of 66 (986 Views)