Re: How long does it take to delete a EA account?

by stormgaming763

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Any updates? are you all still waiting?

Message 41 of 66 (1,461 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Pardoj06 wrote:

Any updates? are you all still waiting?

Yeah going on my 5th month come march it's crazy it's taking months there incompetent good thing recent ea games are trash and not worth playing

Message 42 of 66 (1,457 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I got them to start the process of deleting my old account so that I can relink my PSN to THIS account (it's the one linked to my Twitch Prime and I want the Apex Legends loot).

Well now I can't even PLAY Apex Legends - I'm in Limbo, but at least they'll delete it before the promotion ends in April... after reading this thread, I'm not so sure.

So it was all for nothing - why do they break everything they touch (buyout).

Message 43 of 66 (1,363 Views)

★★ Novice

Been waiting since the 8th of Feb.

I logged into my EA account with my main email to start playing APEX. Had a really old username so I thought I would change it to my most recent username.

Turns out EA automatically created an account with that username when I tried to play FIFA on PS4 many years ago, because the username I wanted is my PSN ID.

Also my main PSN account is using my 2nd email address.

Told EA to go ahead and delete the account linked to my PS4 so I could use my main email address for everything.

Got Sony to change PSN log in email address to my main one - done in 10 mins.

Bought Anthem yesterday for PS4 - "This account is invalid"

Been on chat to EA about 4 times this weekend to get something done as I thought two weeks was long enough.

Apparently I have to wait till its deleted till I can play any EA games on PS4.

Then I read all these comments.

R.I.P.

Message 44 of 66 (1,349 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I had friends old email linked to my gamer tag. He called to delete the account so I can EVENTUALLY link my own ea account. Now I’m stuck with all my mates hitting up APEX and I can’t even open it. And it seems like I am going to be waiting a ludicrous amount of time. The process is flawed. And they wonder why the have a reputation like they do. I am going to avoid any log in attempts for the foreseeable, but il be dammed if it’s gonna be over 3 month. If anyone has any ideas how to legitimately speed it up I’m all ears. Gamer Tag-BEVELMUNSTER

Message 45 of 66 (1,317 Views)

★★★ Novice

Try on the Origin site to create new account, fill in your email (account which you requested to delete), if it says that email is already registered - not deleted. I guess it's the safest way to know if it deleted or not.

Message 46 of 66 (1,312 Views)

★★★ Novice

I really want to know, why it taking so long, it's absurd. But no one from officials was seen for a long time already, and all they can say - was said a lot of times. They can't delete it, they can't cancel deletion, they can't do anything. Come on EA, drop a bone for us, no customer appreciation at all. I guess all people that write about that "ban" of ps4 games because of that, is here, in some of topics, it's not that much, it must be a priority. I just want my old account to be deleted, so I can link my PSN to that one and finally PLAY some games. I can't play Inquisition in coop or campaign (because Keep doesn't work), I can't play Burnout. Can't play Mass Effect. Cheez, it's so frustrating.

Message 47 of 66 (1,305 Views)

★★ Novice

Me and my mates were all hyped for anthem. I can't play and they're having the time of their lives. Honestly just hit the delete button and let me get on with my life.

Message 48 of 66 (1,300 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

i would sign that for sure

lets try get this to actually happen maybe by linking out to every single youtuber we could find

Message 49 of 66 (1,078 Views)

★★ Novice

i literally did the exact same thing

Message 50 of 66 (1,076 Views)