Re: How long does it take to delete a EA account?

by DrewLewry

Original Post

★ Apprentice

@MattPearce87 wrote:

Has anyone's account be deleted yet? I've been waiting since October 2018

My other account has been in delete queue since Nov last year it should not take this long to delete a account horrible company

Message 31 of 66 (1,765 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't understand why it should take so long. Requested mine old one too. Now I can't fully play any of EA games on my PS4, regretting already, better have some problems with relog, than can't play at all. They must understand that, that People can't access their game because of deletion. At least the one, who Requested for PSN unlink. If you delete your acc, you basically Ban all your EA games on PSN account for no one knows how much. It's riddiculous. 

Message 32 of 66 (1,753 Views)

★ Novice

14th of October is when i deleted it. I tried to play anthem yesterday still says my old account is invalid. I don't know why I bother with EA. I liked bioware but I think i'm just going to give up. You win EA

Message 33 of 66 (1,741 Views)

Anonymous
It’s been over a month for me now.
I’ve completely given up on playing FIFA which I planned to play all summer.
Thanks again EA, you’re trash.
Message 34 of 66 (1,691 Views)

★ Novice

Waiting since december 27th.

Today I spoke with customer serice. Guy told me all I have to do is just wait.. And he said I can play games and it won't delay the deletion.

"We can't tell when the deletion is done since it is being processed. Nope it is not true you can still play game fine. It may indicate the deletion is done once you are being asked to link an account to it."

Message 35 of 66 (1,652 Views)

★★★ Novice

I got an update from my personal customer service rep the other day saying mines in final stages before getting deleted. No idea what that means and he has no idea how long it will take. Mines taken 4-5 weeks so far.

Will update once it finally gets done.

Message 36 of 66 (1,644 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA support is just horrible my last ea support had a smart attitude with me. I couldn’t get a simple answer from the person. I deleted it at the end of January WITH I unlinked my Xbox prior to requesting my deletion. 

Message 37 of 66 (1,589 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh thank God I thought I was the only one having this issue!!!. I deleted my ea account to unlink my psn to get ready for anthem vip demo... didn't get to play it on my main nor claim my codes so i had to get a friend coffee from friend and make another ea account for that side psn acc😫. If I start a petition for ea to change how they delete an account, would you guys sign it and spread the word? I wanna tell popular youtubers about this so early gets put in the spotlight for these vague answers they give us and feels like they not doing anything!!!

Message 38 of 66 (1,550 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Of course we are. Someone wait for a couple of months already. Support says, that they have a lot of cases to solve. But what about us? No one says to me, that I can wait 6 month for this, if so, then i'll never aggreed to that. They basically Ban all bought games for no one knows what time. I guess that problems must be priority, as much as stolen accounts. Even social Club has one button to unlink any of accounts. Even goverment structures delete your data in a week/month maximum.

Message 39 of 66 (1,529 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Why has no EA representative responded to this? I’ve been waiting about six days but after reading this I have zero faith. What an awesome company. 

Message 40 of 66 (1,425 Views)