Re: How long does it take to delete a EA account?

by kcarpenter13

Original Post

Anonymous

Been waiting 2 weeks myself, and when i asked when id know if it had been deleted they said to just keep trying online with an ea game and when its deleted it will ask me to sign in to new ea account. Absolute joke, cant be that hard to delete an account.

Seeing how long some of you guys have waited so far doesnt fill me with much hope.

Message 21 of 66 (2,608 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This login is a new account I opened just to ask EA on the status of deleting my old account. I've been told everything imaginable. The last person I spoke with said it would take 30 days but they would put a note in to speed it up. It's been 25 days and still not deleted  I was told to check deletion status by attempting to create a new account with the same email and seeing if it would let me.

Why is it easier to get a mortgage than it is to delete your EA sports account?

Message 22 of 66 (2,502 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just got off with support just now and he also told me he would speed up my process for me lol.I will say though he was the most helpful agent i spoke to yet. He also confirmed that starting an ea game and trying to log into the account while its getting deleted does slow down the progress. He did say mines in final stages though. Guess its just a game of waiting it out which im no good at.

Message 23 of 66 (2,494 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also deleted my EA account and thy told me it'll be done soon than a week so my answer is just make a new account cause thats what i did and i aint tryn to wait a fat min. Plus we all knw EA is boof😂

Message 24 of 66 (2,345 Views)

Anonymous
I been waiting 2 months now. Still nothing. EA is one of the worst gaming companies around in terms of their customer service and customer respect. Thieves.
Message 25 of 66 (2,158 Views)

★★★ Novice

I actually ended up going to the bbb and made a complaint. Next day i got an email from an ea executive and customer support rep who has been dealing with my request. He's been very very good actually and has kept in touch with progress of my deletion  nearly daily and has told me my account will get deleted within 30 days as of a couple of days ago.

He also pointed out that he would address the chat/support i got that said my process would get speeded up as it looks like he lied.

Message 26 of 66 (2,143 Views)

★ Novice

I'm at 23 days and counting right now with the same answer every time I try and talk to an Advisor. "It will take some time." Not one single person, who are all overseas, has told me a damn thing. My wife bought me BF5 for my birthday and i've been waiting to play it since Dec 23rd. I cannot play any EA games online at this moment, and I am currently "in the right queue" for deletion. The last EA Advisor I spoke with said all delete requests must be investigated before they are actually moved to the Delete Queue. That could take anywhere from 30-90 days for it to be moved from delete queue, then another 30-90 days for actual deletion depending on how large the queue is.

Utter bantha poodoo. I will never purchase another EA game again. I am done with this company.

Message 27 of 66 (2,064 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have contacted EA 3 times now and NOTHING has been done to solve my issue 

Message 28 of 66 (1,924 Views)

★★★ Newbie

EA Sports is a JOKE. Reading through these and I am having the same issues. Been waiting 2+ weeks for deletion and these EA help representatives don't do anything to Help......

Message 29 of 66 (1,882 Views)

★ Novice

Has anyone's account be deleted yet? I've been waiting since October 2018

Message 30 of 66 (1,865 Views)