Re: How long does it take to delete a EA account?

by Anonymous

Original Post

Anonymous
That's EA for you!
Message 11 of 66 (3,294 Views)

★★★ Novice
I talked to ea again today. Apperantly you are not supposed to

1. Open your case
2. Start any EA game
3. Log in to your account
4. Contact EA

Short version: don't touch it. I know it takes a while but every bit helps.

Best thing to check if it's deleted is to go to one of your posts/awnser loged in with a different account or not logged in and check if it's still there. If not you are good to go
Message 12 of 66 (3,281 Views)

★ Apprentice

@Pascito14 wrote:
I talked to ea again today. Apperantly you are not supposed to

1. Open your case
2. Start any EA game
3. Log in to your account
4. Contact EA

Short version: don't touch it. I know it takes a while but every bit helps.

Best thing to check if it's deleted is to go to one of your posts/awnser loged in with a different account or not logged in and check if it's still there. If not you are good to go

If i opened a ea game do u have to contact them again to start delete process over or is it automatically requeued

Message 13 of 66 (3,047 Views)

★★★ Novice
Hey,it's me again. Didn't want to lock in to my main account for obvious reasons.

What ever you do don't contact them again. Even when you started a game it won't stop the process but delays it. Same thing if you do the other things i mensioned. According to my friend it took ea only 2-3 days to delete his because he didn't used it at all
Message 14 of 66 (3,031 Views)

★★★ Novice
Ok now i'm really worried. I talked to another friend and his account was deleted in 30 minutes. Something is going horribly wrong
Message 15 of 66 (2,947 Views)

★★★ Newbie

really ?! 

his account was deleted in 30 mins ?!!

Message 16 of 66 (2,924 Views)

★★★ Novice
Apperantly
Message 17 of 66 (2,911 Views)

Anonymous

I have been waiting nearly 3 months now and have put in about 10 tickets every adviser has said "give it more time" and how that will make a "note to try speed it up", the EA help stick to a script and want you out the chat you may as well talk to a brick wall

Spoiler
SimranThank you for contacting EA HELP, my name is Simran, may I start with your first name please?
you yes its wayne
SimranNice to meet you Wayne . It seems you’ve contacted us to know the status of your account deletion. Right?
you currect
SimranI'll be glad to share the status of you accountStandard smile
Simran As I can check that your case has been escalated to our team an currently it is under review.I would request you to please wait for some time and your account will be deleted.
you i have waited nearly 3 months
Simran I really apologize for the delay.
Simran Please be assured that your case has been moved to our deletion team and I believe your account will be deleted soon.
you that's what i have been told the last 5 tickets i have put in
you take a look at my previous tickets
you each adviser says the same
you its been nearly 3 months and is really annoying me now
Simran I can realize this could be frustrating for you as it's taking much longer time than expected and trust me had this option been available that I could delete the account I would have done it without a single thought however unfortunately we do not have this option.
you butt i dont understand what takes so long
you surely if i have given the OK to delete my account it should be done within a month and yet we are here nearly 3 months later
Simran I would request you to please wait for some time and also for you I'll put a special request so that team can make this quickier.
you and your the 3rd adviser to say that about the request
you is there an email i can contact the deletion team on
SimranWayne please accept my apology for the delay.I would request you to wait for some time so that the account could be deleted.
you is there an email i can contact the deletion team on?
Simran Had this option been available to direct this chat to our deletion team I would have done this for you however unfortunately we do not have this option .
you well, can I speak with a supervisor or manager
you i am annoyed its taking this long and each adviser is sticking to a script
Simran Even my supervisor or manager will not be able to delete the account as we have our team who handles the account deletion.
you apologising and trying to get me to leave chat with out giving me any more information
SimranI’m sorry but I have provided you with the available resolution for the issue, and am going to have to end this discussion if there is nothing else I can assist you with.
you not even a email
you where i can complain
you this is ment to be a support chat
you and yet i leave the chat with no more info then what i joined the last 10 chats from 10 tickets
you over 2 months
Simran I can realize what you are feeling and if I were you I'd have felt the same.
Simran Please try to understand that this is something not in my hands ,the best that I can do here is to escalate the case at a priority so that this could be sorted soon.
you i understand what your saying but the last two advisers i spoke to said the same
you and then another month passes
you look:
you Karan Dec 18, 2018 01:44:08 PM I have checked with supervisor and as per them we will document everything in our case notes, so team will speed up the process, please wait for few more days and your issue will get resolved.
SimranWayne trust me if I could transfer this chat to our deletion teaM,I would have done that for you. Please wait for some time so that the account could be deleted.
you that's 18th December
you we are now 5th January
you still not done
Simran As I have already provided you the information about the account deletion and it seems this chat is not going in the same direction. I would have end this contact. If you still have any query feel free to contact us back. Thank you for contacting EA help. Have a great day.
The chat session has ended. Please contact us again if you need further help.

so after all that the adviser closed the chat....... surely the data protection law doesn't allow them to keep our data after we request them to delete it........

Message 18 of 66 (2,642 Views)

★★★ Novice
Been waiting 5 days here. Trying to relink psn.
Message 19 of 66 (2,570 Views)

Anonymous
I’m still waiting for mine. EA is an absolute garbage company with complete disrespect for their customers. How can they make us pay money for this well below average service. Need to look at themselves in the mirror.
Message 20 of 66 (2,531 Views)