Re: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - Remake/HD-Version???

by Timtom24_Gaming

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - Remake/HD-Version???

★★ Novice

English:

Dear EA team, dear community,

The first part of the Harry Potter games is now over 17 years old and was a great game back then. The same applies to the parts 2 and 3, which in terms of quality once again put on it. Now my question is: The Harry Potter fan base is still huge and I think that the community would not be averse to a remake of the first parts / an HD version. Therefore my question to the EA team: Would such a step be conceivable? If not, would it be possible to offer the old parts as digital content on Origin? It would be very nice if you would address those who are responsible for it. I would be very happy to get an answer from you.

Likewise, I ask the question to the community: What's your opinion on the remake of the first Harry Potter games? Would you be happy about it like me or are you more against it? Let me know your opinion, I look forward to your comments!

Many Greetings,

Timtom24_Gaming

German / Deutsch:

Liebes EA-Team, liebe Community,

der erste Teil der Harry Potter Spiele ist nun schon über 17 Jahre alt und war damals ein absolut klasse Spiel. Gleiches gilt für die Teile 2 und 3, die in Sachen Qualität nochmal einen draufsetzten. Nun ist meine Frage: Die Harry Potter Fanbase ist nachwievor riesig und ich denke, dass die Community einem Remake der ersten Teile/einer HD-Version nicht abgeneigt wäre. Von daher meine Frage an das EA Team: Wäre ein solcher Schritt denkbar? Wenn nicht, wäre es möglich, die alten Teile als digitalen Inhalt auf Origin anzubieten? Es waere sehr nett wenn ihr die jenigen anprechen wuerdet die dafuer zustaendig sind. Ich wuerde mich sehr freuen eine Antwort von euch zu bekommen.

Ebenso stelle ich die Frage an die Community: Wie steht ihr zu dem Thema "Remake der ersten Harry Potter Spiele"? würdet ihr euch wie ich darüber freuen oder seid ihr eher dagegen? Lasst mich eure Meinung wissen, ich freue mich auf eure Kommentare!

Viele Grüße,

Timtom24_Gaming

Message 1 of 3 (4,403 Views)

Accepted Solution

@Timtom24_Gaming Sigh...Long story short: not happening. EA lost the license and currently the license is with Warner. They are the only ones that can make new HP games. EA can't sell the games that they've developed as they don't have the right to do so. They can't remaster them, remake them or make compatibility patches, so those games would work on modern hardware and operating systems. Warner can't publish or modify the games developed by EA from the time when EA had the license and EA would probably won't give those to Warner anyway, as the games were developed with EA owned soft and tech. 

Welcome to the wonderful world of copyright.

Other licenses that are not with EA anymore: James Bond, Dune, Lord of the Rings, MBL, NCAA. All the games based on those licenses are in the same situation. 

As my personal thoughts: Warner's games based on the HP IP are far worse than the games developed by EA. But in a bid, Warner can outbid EA with a lot more, as they can afford. Compared with Warner, EA are small fish. The sad part is the fact that EA actually did great games based on the Harry Potter books. Warner, with all their resources, did just a few decent games (the Lego HP series) and a few bad mobile games...

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (4,387 Views)

All Replies

@Timtom24_Gaming Sigh...Long story short: not happening. EA lost the license and currently the license is with Warner. They are the only ones that can make new HP games. EA can't sell the games that they've developed as they don't have the right to do so. They can't remaster them, remake them or make compatibility patches, so those games would work on modern hardware and operating systems. Warner can't publish or modify the games developed by EA from the time when EA had the license and EA would probably won't give those to Warner anyway, as the games were developed with EA owned soft and tech. 

Welcome to the wonderful world of copyright.

Other licenses that are not with EA anymore: James Bond, Dune, Lord of the Rings, MBL, NCAA. All the games based on those licenses are in the same situation. 

As my personal thoughts: Warner's games based on the HP IP are far worse than the games developed by EA. But in a bid, Warner can outbid EA with a lot more, as they can afford. Compared with Warner, EA are small fish. The sad part is the fact that EA actually did great games based on the Harry Potter books. Warner, with all their resources, did just a few decent games (the Lego HP series) and a few bad mobile games...

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 3 (4,388 Views)

★★ Novice
thanks for letting me know, i didn't even know that they haven't the license anymore well that is just how it is i guess.
Message 3 of 3 (4,374 Views)