Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

by alexa0487

Original Post

Re: Harry Potter: Prisoner of Azkaban [PC] - LockRect failed: D3DERR_DEVICELOST

★★★ Newbie

I've tried to change it to this but whenever I'm gonna save the file it just says denied. I don't know what to do and I've never played it before. It is the real deal and not downloaded illegaly Frown

Message 31 of 51 (10,572 Views)

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

★★★★★ Novice

I've had this game on my windows7 laptop before and when I try to reinstall a box pops up saying "Make sure the game CD is in the CD Drive". What does that mean?

Message 32 of 51 (10,543 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@Trahman812 wrote:

hi I found a  fix for this issue, 

find the installation folder of HPOA and then find the system folder, in this folder you should find a file calledd default.ini. 

then

Change this in your Default.ini file

[D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice]

DetailTextures=False
HighDetailActors=False
SuperHighDetailActors=False
UsePrecaching=True
UseTrilinear=False
AdapterNumber=-1
ReduceMouseLag=False
UseTripleBuffering=False
UseHardwareTL=True
UseHardwareVS=True
UseCubemaps=False
DesiredRefreshRate=75
UseCompressedLightmaps=True
UseStencil=True
Use16bit=False
Use16bitTextures=False
MaxPixelShaderVersion=255
UseVSync=False
LevelOfAnisotropy=1
DetailTexMipBias=0.800000
DefaultTexMipBias=-0.500000
UseNPatches=False
TesselationFactor=1.000000
CheckForOverflow=False
do everything according to this and it should work however at startup it may glitch a lot so hold alt and press tab to go o the desktop then go back on prisoner of azkaban and it should work fine

Thank you, this worked like a charm!! I just copied and pasted the copy you provided into my default.ini and the game launched fine. You were right about the start up glitch, but it has no effect on the launch or play. 

Message 33 of 51 (10,536 Views)

Re: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Community Manager

@HillyPlays Hi,

What operating system is your current machine using? Is it still Windows 7 or did you upgrade to Windows 10?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 34 of 51 (10,526 Views)

Installation code lost

★★ Newbie

Hello,

I need my lost installation code for my game Harry Potter and the prisoner of Azkaban?

Thanks,

Alex

Message 35 of 51 (10,438 Views)

★ Novice

I did what you told but it didn't allow me to save the default.ini file

Message 36 of 51 (10,363 Views)

Community Manager

@AkuKuusYsi Hi,

Which program are you using to edit the file? Make sure the game isn't running while you are trying to edit the .ini file.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 37 of 51 (10,351 Views)

Re: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban PC Imp Glitch

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@fattybake wrote:

I've been trying to play Harry Potter POA on my PC (I'm now running Windows 8.1) and everything ran seamlessly until the first challenge where Ron is about to fight an imp. The animation leading up to the battle works correctly, but as soon as the fight is about to begin the imp freezes and does nothing. I can't cast spells at it or anything, and the game can't continue until I've defeated it (which is currently impossible). I've tried running this game in every possible compatibility mode, with every possible graphics setting.

Try limiting your framerate to 60 FPS using Dxtory. That worked for me when other solutions did not.
http://exkode.com/dxtory-downloads-en.html

Once installed, go to the "Advanced" tab (looks like a computer chip) and select "Limit Video FPS".

Message 38 of 51 (10,289 Views)

Re: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban PC Imp Glitch

Community Manager

@fattybake Hi,

It has been a while, but you may want to check out the suggestion posted by xEddy3013x.

Let us know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 39 of 51 (10,210 Views)

★ Novice

The imp freezed for me too but when I restarted the game I closed it down by pressing the windows icon on my keyboard and when I opened it again the imp moved! And this was on a windows 10 64 bit :D

Message 40 of 51 (10,176 Views)