Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

by ratboyron

Original Post

Unable to launch the game

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I have bought harry potter and the order of phoenix game for my pc with windows xp operating system.

I have installed the game but whenever i click the game icon it just dosent open.

My pc is completely compatible with the game requirements.

I have even tried using the task manager but still the game dosent launch.

Please help 

Message 21 of 28 (8,723 Views)

Re: Harry Potter: The Order of the Phoenix

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@nl200472 wrote:

@jewettg wrote:

I am able to copy the game file (> 2gb) over to my hard drive (per the instructions).  I then launch the game, and enter my registration code and it will hang with the Harry Potter banner screen -- and will not continue. 

I realize this was over a year ago for you but did you ever figure it out? I am having the same exact problem.

Did anybody ever answer your question? I have the same problem. Thanks.

Message 22 of 28 (8,680 Views)

game won't launch in windows 10

★★★ Newbie

hello,

I recently found Harry potter and the order of the poenhix in a box. I installed it, but when I tried to launch it, it wouldn't play.

the error message I recieved was: You need windows 200, vista, XP or above.

Now I had just upgraded to windows 10, But when I first played the game on Windows 7 evrything was fine.

I tried to run in compatibility mode for vista and XP (I tried every option, service pack etc.)

But it still wouldn't run.

Does anyone have a possible solution for this?

ps. I know I could run it in a virtual machine, But I would like for the game to run in my main OS

Message 23 of 28 (8,584 Views)

Re: game won't launch in windows 10

★★★ Newbie

I have got this exact same problem with Harry Potter,

First time it ran fine.

"ve tried all compatibility modes.

've tried reinstalling it.

Gave full rights.

Run as admin

And all combinatons.

Does anyone know a way to solve this?

FIST TIME IT RAN FINE!

Thank you!

Message 24 of 28 (8,522 Views)

Serial number invalid

★★★ Newbie

I have recently bought Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoenix pc game and the serial number doesn't open it. Need some help!

Message 25 of 28 (8,492 Views)

Re: Serial number invalid

Community Manager

@annasyn62 Hi,

Where did you purchase the game? You should first ask the retailer for assistance.

If they are not able to assist you can also reach out to an EA Advisor: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new

Note: Once on the support site, click on the flag in the top left corner and select your country. If yours is not listed, you may need to place an international call. Read more about it here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

Log in with your EA Account and choose "Origin" as product, your platform, "Codes and promotions" as topic and "Invalid code" and describe your issue to see all available contact options.

If there is no phone support or live chat available at the time, please scroll down below the Answers HQ box to check our live support availability for your region.

Thank you,

Nils

Message 26 of 28 (8,478 Views)

Harry potter and the order of the Phoenix

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Where can I buy Harry Potter and the order of the phoenix for pc?

Message 27 of 28 (8,421 Views)

Re: [Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix] Game activation failure.

★★ Novice

Hi

I am currently having this problem as well, any solutions?

Message 28 of 28 (6,365 Views)