Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

by princessbecher

Original Post

Re: Harry Potter 6 for PC: Will it work on Windows 10? How?

Community Manager

@lauren01216 Ah, that's good to hear at least. Sorry we couldn't assist more directly. I did also find this thread with some suggestions: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-gaming/harry-potter-and-the-half-bloo...

There's a bit of misinformation towards the end, but the thread might contains some useful info for you. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 31 of 61 (6,112 Views)

Setup Wizard

★ Novice
I had the game installed on my old computer (windows xp) 3 years ago and it worked great. Now, on my new laptop (windows 8) that meets all the game requirements, when I try to install it, the setup wizard gets stuck, and then it says "an error has caused the setup wizard to end". How can I install the game??
Message 32 of 61 (6,154 Views)

Re: Setup Wizard (part of what game?)

★★★★★ Expert

Unknown game. 

Message 33 of 61 (6,147 Views)

★ Novice
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Sorry for that, I thought that I had wruten it
Message 34 of 61 (6,138 Views)

Harry Potter Order of the Phoenix/Half-Blood Prince (MAC) won't launch: Help?

★★★ Newbie

Recently purchased both these DVD games (new, sealed), and neither will launch on my mid-2010 iMac 27" (i5, quad-core, 2.86 Ghz, 20 Gb RAM,  ATI Radeon HD 5750 1024 MB graphics card), Intel-chipped machine running OS X 10.11.5).

Seems to "stall", then report "cannot find the DVD"...

Help/suggestions, anyone?

Desperate to get these running for my daughter, an avid Harry Potter fan since childhood...

Thank you!

Message 35 of 61 (6,125 Views)

★ Novice

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. Sorry for that, I thought that I had wruten it

Message 36 of 61 (6,115 Views)

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

★★ Apprentice

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone managed to get Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince to work in Windows 10? Standard smile

Message 37 of 61 (6,062 Views)

Re: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @milutinmujovic,

You could try to run the game in compatibility mode.

Windows 10 will scan and check all installed programs on your system, and should automatically set them to run in compatibility mode, if needed.

If you have trouble launching a game in Windows 10, you can also set up compatibility mode for that game manually.

Start with your Desktop shortcut

• If you have a Desktop shortcut for your game, you can right-click that to get started. 
  • If you haven’t created a Desktop shortcut for this game, you can find the game’s folder in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\
    • Look for the game program itself (it’s usually gamename.exe) and right click on the icon, then choose Properties.

Click on the Compatibility tab. Here you have a couple of options:

• You can choose to run the compatibility troubleshooter and have Windows check your game again
  • You can check the box under Compatibility mode and choose your preferred version of Windows from the pull-down menu. We also recommend checking the box beside “Run this program as an administrator.” 
    • The option to choose from the pull-down menu depends on when your game was released.

For older EA games like Mass Effect, Dragon Age: Origins, Crysis, Crysis Warhead, and Command & Conquer, selecting XP Service Pack 3 is the best option. For more recent games, try running in compatibility mode for Windows 7 first.

Click Apply to save your changes and then try launching your game again.

As Windows, and the hardware it runs on, has changed over time since the original launch of many of our games, we can’t guarantee that older games will always run properly for you in compatibility mode under Windows 10.

If you still have trouble with an older game after trying these steps, let us know.

Message 38 of 61 (6,055 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I tried running it like you said, but unfortunately it doesn't work. Frown

Message 39 of 61 (6,052 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Sorry to hear it didn't help @milutinmujovic. I'm afraid I don't have any other options at the moment. Have you tried the other solutions from that thread @EA_David linked earlier? 

Message 40 of 61 (6,041 Views)