Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

by dianna1977

Original Post

Re: I can't get my Harry Potter Chamber of Secrets game to play on my computer!

Message 11 of 65 (8,649 Views)

Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets will not install past 54%

★ Newbie

I run windows 7 on two separate laptops and neither can get Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets to download past 54%. I purchased the game in a three pack with Philosopher's Stone and PoA brand new maybe a month ago, so I don't understand why I'm having problems.

I've tried multiple times on both computers to no avail. Everything seems to be going smoothly until the installation reaches 54%, at which point it reads C:\...\EAGAME~1\HARRYP~1\system\Engine.u then, without touching my computer at all, a window appears that tells me installation has not completed. The only way to get the setup to close, however, is to open the task manager. After a few minutes a box usually pops up that tells me "Setup failed to run installation: The remote procedure call failed."

Somewhat related though not my main focus of this problem, I also cannot fully uninstall the program after this point without the use of 3rd party Revo Uninstaller. If I dont use that, files from the game remain on my computer even after the standard uninstall.

If it helps at all I have also installed Harry Potter's 1 & 3 without any problems and they work fine. Also trying to run the setup as an administrator does nothing.

Message 12 of 65 (14,166 Views)

Harry Potter

★★ Novice

Hey.

I want to buy one of Harry Potter PC games but I can't find anything on Origin.

Is there any way to buy Harry Potter online or I have to find it in shop?

Message 13 of 65 (9,890 Views)

Re: Harry Potter

Community Manager

Sorry, Origin is not selling any of the Harry Potter PC games.

Message 14 of 65 (9,887 Views)

harry potter games

★★★ Newbie

Can I play any of the Harry Potter PC games on Windows 8 or 8.1?

Message 15 of 65 (7,052 Views)

Why can't I buy the Harry Potter games apart from Lego Harry Potter for PC?

★★★ Newbie

What it says in the title!

How come I can't buy the last three Harry Potter games for PC off Origin or Amazon or etc?

The only ones I've found seem to be imports from other countries, which are a different language on the packaging and how do you know if they are actually genuine?

I see they're still available to buy for console, but I only have a PC and aren't too keen on the idea of buying a last gen console solely to play 3 games.

Thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this for me!

Message 16 of 65 (9,863 Views)

Re: Why can't I buy the Harry Potter games apart from Lego Harry Potter for PC?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hmm, while I can't find any digital versions, as you say, I could find physical copies from Amazon. I don't think I can link it here as it would be considered advertising. If you're looking for the deathly hollows games, remember to put "part 1" or "part 2" and "PC" in your search.

I'm not sure of your situation, but if there are any game shops in your area that have older games, it might be worth looking ther, as an alternative. You can often find interesting and unexpected treats while shuffling through the shelves, even if your original target games aren't present.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 17 of 65 (9,861 Views)

Where is it?

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Where are all the Harry Potter games on Origin?  Im not talking the lego ones i mean the actuall ones like Chamber of Secrets? I know they would be a big hit! They come up on the EA Help if you're having problems with it, And my problem is it's not on Origin which i think is a shame because that was the one of the few reasons i downloaded that, to get all the "hard-to-get now-games" which are EA. In think (especially as origin allready is powered by EA) You should upload the Harry Potter games to the market. This could only profitise you as it is all digital so it just means more people buying more of your games. Also benefiting your customers by giving them more games!

Message 18 of 65 (9,806 Views)

Re: Harry Potter

★ Novice

Why, i know it's not there but whats the harm of putting them there. It only means more money for EA so why isn't it there?

Message 19 of 65 (9,795 Views)

Harry Potter games 1-6 redeemable on origin

★★ Novice

Hey,

Is it possible to redeem the first 6 Harry Potter games and Harry Potter: quidditch world cup on Origin?

Bradley Moss

Message 20 of 65 (9,694 Views)