Godfather 2 download for pc

by pyromaniac108

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Godfather 2 download for pc

★ Novice
I had The Godfather 2 for my 360 and it can no longer read disks and that is a reoccurring issue so I wanted to download it for my pc is there any way I can do that because I have looked everywhere else?
Message 1 of 6 (8,045 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Godfather 2 download for pc

@pyromaniac108 sadly, no. EA lost the license after the release of Godfather 2. That means that they can't patch, develop or sell (re-release) anything related to the Godfather franchise. Modern copyright...Doesn't matter the fact that the games were made by EA, as long as they were using someone's else Intelectual Property (limited time license for developing and selling, with a set expiration date, with the owners being able to move the license to the highest bidder or just let it rot if he is not satisfied with the sales - Godfather 2 has really bad sales and we are talking about a time when EA would see acceptable 1 million copies sold)

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (8,328 Views)

All Replies

@pyromaniac108 sadly, no. EA lost the license after the release of Godfather 2. That means that they can't patch, develop or sell (re-release) anything related to the Godfather franchise. Modern copyright...Doesn't matter the fact that the games were made by EA, as long as they were using someone's else Intelectual Property (limited time license for developing and selling, with a set expiration date, with the owners being able to move the license to the highest bidder or just let it rot if he is not satisfied with the sales - Godfather 2 has really bad sales and we are talking about a time when EA would see acceptable 1 million copies sold)

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 6 (8,329 Views)

★ Novice
Is it still playable or has it been patched to no longer work
Message 3 of 6 (7,963 Views)

@pyromaniac108 The disc version for PC can be activated on Origin through support, but you still need to provide proof of purchase (the receipt that you've got from the store and that store needs to be one of the EA authorized resellers). As for playable, depends of the fact if EA patched the protection from it, as MS blocked all the old protection drivers from Windows 10 (SecuROM, Safedisc, TAGES and StarForce), considering those a security risk. That move rendered a lot of legally purchased discs useless, as the copy protection drivers were installed from disc and Windows 10 actively prevents them from installing.

You can make a dual-boot system (Windows 10 and Windows 7), if you are on an older Intel CPU (before the 6xxx series). Personally, i have an old Intel Quad Core, with Windows 7 installed and a new one with a i7 7700k Kaby lake. That way, i can still play some of my old games, the ones that were never released in the digital format and have zero chances to see another release due to various legal reasons (expired licenses, lawsuits over copyright and such).

They really should modernize the copyright laws. When a company developed a game and invested a lot of money into it, they should be able to still sell that game even when the license expired. Sure, the company should not be able to develop new games without a license, but, the ones that were made during the time they had the license should be treated a wee bit differently (let the company make a remaster, add a compatibility patch with any new Operating System that comes out, iron the bugs, if the investment is worth - constant sales). And, of course, the license owner should get a share from the sales (after all, those games are based on his/her work - athletes, authors, filmmakers). As the laws are now, no one gets a fair deal (not even the license owners, as their license sits there, producing nothing).

Message 4 of 6 (7,949 Views)

★ Novice
So I just bought a copy of the game off amazon and a disc drive solely for the purpose of being able to play this game again so does that mean there is a way to be able to play it
Message 5 of 6 (7,939 Views)

@pyromaniac108 i wish you good luck. I will mention that the copies that are on Amazon are NOT sold directly by Amazon. EA can offer support only for the games sold directly by Amazon. Those copies are sold by various companies, none acknowledged as an EA authorized retailer. Amazon is also a marketplace, where various other companies can add whatever they want and when you buy from Amazon you need to make sure that the product is directly sold by Amazon and not by another company.

Anyways, if you are on an older CPU, try a dual-boot setup and install the game on the Windows 7 hard disc. It should allow you to play the game (in theory). 

Message 6 of 6 (7,884 Views)