Re: Freedom Fighters Win. 10

by ivrognard

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Freedom Fighters

★★★ Newbie

Remember how you rented a PS2 just to play this game?

EA, will there be a sequel for this strategic game or even an HD remake. Because I really missed the game and wanted a sequel. The way the mechanics work are great! The soundtrack was so good. The gameplay was so intense!

Would want to see this rise again.

Message 1 of 11 (5,945 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Old Game

Community Manager

@Arslan83 Hi,

Unfortunately I do not think we did add this game yet to the Origin Store and as a result it will not be available in the Origin Client either. If you are having trouble running the old game that you do own, I would suggest to set it to compatibility mode, as explained here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows/make-older-programs-run#1TC=windows-7

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 3 of 11 (6,313 Views)

All Replies

Old Game

★★★ Newbie

Hi there i was trying to install my old game on Origin 

(Freedom Fighters) it work on my old pc win xp 64bit 

been some time seen i played it and was trying to look it up on origin to buy but cant find it 

can u point me where i can get a new version that work on win7 ? or update my old version for win 7..

Message 2 of 11 (5,932 Views)

Community Manager

@Arslan83 Hi,

Unfortunately I do not think we did add this game yet to the Origin Store and as a result it will not be available in the Origin Client either. If you are having trouble running the old game that you do own, I would suggest to set it to compatibility mode, as explained here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows/make-older-programs-run#1TC=windows-7

Cheers,

Nils

Message 3 of 11 (6,314 Views)

EA games I'd like to buy.

★★★ Newbie

Are there any plans to launch Freedom Fighters or Clive Barker's Undying on Origin? They were both published by EA and they are both good, I think they should be already on the store.

Message 4 of 11 (5,921 Views)

Freedom Fighters?

★★ Newbie

When will there freedom Fighters be added to Origin? Or for that Matter will there ever be a Freedom Fighters 2? 

There are games old as hell on Origin. A hell of alot older then Freedom Fighters. It had a PC version before. Why not update it to be gamepad enabled and add it to Origin already? I don't like Battlefield Aka EA's COD. 

You already killed off Bioware as a video game company. The least you could do is bring up some of the older EA games that were actually good. And not just the really old DOS BOX freebie games. 

Message 5 of 11 (5,881 Views)

Re: Freedom Fighters?

Community Manager

@Merku23 Hi,

We are always looking at bringing more of our legacy games to Origin.

With that being said, I am not aware of any concrete plans to add Freedom Fighters at this time. Should this change in the future, we will let you know.

Let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 6 of 11 (5,864 Views)

Try to find old game

★★★ Newbie

I want to bue game 

Freedom Fighters 2 but dont understand where i can find this? no one in shops and no inf in origin ... but this is EA game.

Message 7 of 11 (5,855 Views)

Freedom Fighters Win. 10

★★★ Newbie

Hello EA! 

I have seen one other forum that a Digital download addition of the 2003 Windows 10 is not on the agenda for EA programmers (Shame considering the amount of nostalgia this game has). I have recently attempted to re-download the game and play it on my Windows 10, Alienware 17R3 (Standard Specs). My problem is that even after following online advice to get the game to run: Run in compatibility mode, run launcher/installer on compatibility mode, change in graphics settings, etc.

What I want to know is this: is it even possible to run the program on a 64bit windows 10 setup. I understand and have given up hope on a digital download version, but I want to know, with attempting this on my current computer, am I attempting the impossible? Is it even possible to get it to run? or insanely difficult? 

Message 8 of 11 (5,200 Views)

Re: Freedom Fighters Win. 10

[ Edited ]

@Da_50_Cal_Cessna You may have troubles installing as the game used SafeDisc as copy protection. Microsoft rendered a lot of our old retail games (CD/DVD) unplayable in Windows 10, as they've deemed those old copy protections a security risk (TAGES, Starforce, SecuROM, SafeDisc).

Your legal alternatives are: a dual boot system with Windows 10 and Windows 7 (play the game from the Windows 7 HDD) or installing Windows 7/8/8.1 in a Virtual Machine.

EA were only the publishers for the title and the game belonged to IO Interactive. Its legal status is a bit unclear, as IO were bought later by Eidos and then Eidos was bought by Square. Some old IO posts seem to indicate that they still own the IP, but nothing was officially confirmed. As IO is still recovering after claiming its independence from Square, i doubt that the game is anywhere on their list. Also, it's not sure if the IP is with IO or remained with Square (Mini Ninjas and Kane and Lynch series remained with Square, while IO managed to get back its Hitman series). Eidos certainly had the ownership over Freedom Fighters but zero interest into re-releasing the game or making it into a series. As Square bought Eidos, they've got Freedom Fighters in the process, too, but no one knows what happened with the ownership afterwards. Maybe someone on the IO Interactive's forums may be able to give you a clearer answer (though i wouldn't put my hopes too high, as the companies are notorious in avoiding a straight answer when it comes to such problems).

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 9 of 11 (5,162 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello Dear, is possible to have a remake of freedom fighters for ps4??

Message 10 of 11 (3,401 Views)