Final Fantasy Crashes on start up

by LeRenard666

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Final Fantasy Crashes on start up

★★ Novice

When I start Final Fantasy xv Demo it crashes every time on start up. My specs are fine I more than meet the requirements for this game. There are nor errors I tried that fix and all my drivers are up to date as I am OCD about that. I have tried this Demo on Steam and Origin now and the same thing keeps happening. Any help would be awesome.

Message 1 of 5 (567 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Final Fantasy Crashes on start up

[ Edited ]

@LeRenard666  your Nvidia driver is from january. The latest driver is from the end of february. GeForce Experience usually notifies you about any new driver, if you have it installed. If not, that would be a good idea to install it, as you can stay up-to-date with the Nvidia drivers. 

But from what i see, there are a lot of reports linked to problems with the AMD CPU's, which means that the ball is in the Square's yard and they need to check why the game doesn't work on CPU's that are listed under minimum requirements. Not the first time when the PC players are getting a bad port from Square.

Compared with Sega's ports (which were ported quite well), the Square ones are usually with a lot of problems. Even the recent FFXII Remastered had a fragton of those....Square really needs some better people for porting their console games on PC.

P.S.: your CPU isn't supported by the game. The lowest AMD CPU supported is FX6100. Phenom series lacks the SSE 4.1 instructions, while the FX6100 has SSE 4.1 and  SSE 4.2 instructions. So, an upgrade may be in cards. Ryzen 1500 is a good choice, if you are on a budget.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (758 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@LeRenard666I would recommend ensuring that your OS is fully up to date and to check for any GPU updates. 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 5 (547 Views)

[ Edited ]

@LeRenard666  your Nvidia driver is from january. The latest driver is from the end of february. GeForce Experience usually notifies you about any new driver, if you have it installed. If not, that would be a good idea to install it, as you can stay up-to-date with the Nvidia drivers. 

But from what i see, there are a lot of reports linked to problems with the AMD CPU's, which means that the ball is in the Square's yard and they need to check why the game doesn't work on CPU's that are listed under minimum requirements. Not the first time when the PC players are getting a bad port from Square.

Compared with Sega's ports (which were ported quite well), the Square ones are usually with a lot of problems. Even the recent FFXII Remastered had a fragton of those....Square really needs some better people for porting their console games on PC.

P.S.: your CPU isn't supported by the game. The lowest AMD CPU supported is FX6100. Phenom series lacks the SSE 4.1 instructions, while the FX6100 has SSE 4.1 and  SSE 4.2 instructions. So, an upgrade may be in cards. Ryzen 1500 is a good choice, if you are on a budget.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 3 of 5 (759 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry old DXDIAG my GPU is up to date.

Message 4 of 5 (519 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@LeRenard666 It's an issue with your CPU, the AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor is not supported by the game as at this stage that processor is almost 9 years old, though I have seen a few people claim that they got it to run on the X4 95. 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 5 (503 Views)