Fifa Manager 09 Install and Crash

by wategwann

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Fifa Manager 09 Install and Crash

★★★ Novice

Hi,

I just bought a Digital Download of Fifa manager 09.

However, i'm struggling to get it working.

I ran the install and it hangs on unzipping fm09_eu.zip. I mean hanging, 24 hours hanging after which it says it tried to terminate the installation.

Same problem as this french person https://answers.ea.com/t5/Autres-Jeux-EA/Probleme-installation-Fifa-manager-09/td-p/6409938.

I then tried reinstalling from the same zip folder fm09_eu.zip which has its own setup installation.

I can run the game from this install, video settings seem to work fine as I can create a stadium in creating your own club mode.

However, just as I am about to start the game, where you decide whether you want to control a player or be a player manager, after that it crashes.

Its not a compatabiltiy issue, i've tried it with different machines with different operating systems.

Any idea what's wrong? I reckon somethings up with the installation.

Thanks,

Wategwann

Message 1 of 6 (3,172 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Fifa Manager 09 Install and Crash

★★★ Novice

I found out the issue.

The zip seems to be a bit lazy on EA's part but extracitng the install files from in there allows you to install.

The issue with the crash seems to be with the resolution of the monitor.

I couldn't run it on native 1080x1920 monitors but could run it on ones with lower native resolutions.

Even managed to get it running fine on a virtualised OS.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (3,031 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I found out the issue.

The zip seems to be a bit lazy on EA's part but extracitng the install files from in there allows you to install.

The issue with the crash seems to be with the resolution of the monitor.

I couldn't run it on native 1080x1920 monitors but could run it on ones with lower native resolutions.

Even managed to get it running fine on a virtualised OS.

Message 2 of 6 (3,032 Views)

★★★ Newbie

having same issue here but mine aint a digital copy its a physical copy installs sound but when it comes to choosing the player to play with it shut off 

Message 3 of 6 (2,937 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I think it's to do with the hardware/drivers.

I thought before it was the monitor resolution but a virtualised machine on 1920x1080 can still run it no problems, took a screenshot earlier.

Even on safe mode the game crashed at the same point.

Not sure why because Fifa Manager 08 and 10 run fine...

fm09 pic.png

Message 4 of 6 (2,698 Views)

★★ Novice
@wategwann
Hello,
I was able to install the game the zip fm09_eu, but I keep getting the issue when you decide whether you want to control a player or be a player manager and the game crashes.

I tried changing the resolution and launching the game using the compatibility mode with Windows XP Service Pack 3, but still no luck.

Were you able to make it work?

Thank!
Message 5 of 6 (2,173 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Did you do something to make it work with the zip file?

Message 6 of 6 (1,895 Views)