Re: FUSE (Insomniac Games), Unable to play online with friends.

by Executioner0

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

You guys tell us there is a sunset page, and then we can't trust it.  Could you please make good on this by at least extending the servers by a month or so?  I don't think that's unreasonable to ask.  This is really frustrating as it makes me feel like the sunset page is useless.

Message 71 of 151 (1,683 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

It's been a month already EA since you shut down the servers without any notice whatsoever.  The community is still waiting for this problem to be properly resolved.  The problem has not been "solved."  The solution has not been "accepted."  Your explanation and rationalization is not justified.  Last year EA had 5.5 billion dollars in revenue, and a net income of over 3 billion dollars.  On the back of the Fuse box it states, "EA may retire online features after 30 days notice posted on www.ea.com/2/service-updates."  No 30 days were given, no notice was given, and no notice was posted.  There is no ambiguity, there's no confusion, there's no lost in translation, etc.  It is 100% clear what EA was supposed do, and 100% clear what EA chose not to do.  Is that how EA wants to treat their gamers?  How they want to treat their paying customers?  Games are just like any other consumer product.  People bought the game in good faith, and expect the publisher to also act in good faith.  This is all about fairness.  You broke the agreement you had with paying customers when you took the servers down without notice and without 30 days.  Your explanation and rationalization is not justified.  You can't just say, "Oh, well we forgot to tell you.  Sorry."  Quite frankly, that's not good enough.  That's not right, not accepted, and not fair.  Honor your part of the agreement EA.  Give us, the gamers and your paying customers, what we should have had.  Give us the 30 days that you yourself EA said we are entitled to. Bring the servers back, please.  That's all the community is asking for.  Is that too much to ask?  To actually listen to the justified complaint of your paying customers, and take the correct action to resolve the issue?  Honor the agreement, correct your mistake, and please bring the servers back for the 30 days.

Message 72 of 151 (1,610 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

And really, for this game, 60 days which really be a lot better and I really cannot imagine that would be difficult for EA to accomplish.

Message 73 of 151 (1,600 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

And to be clear, this isn't just about achievements.  I've been trying to plan out something with several pretty busy friends including one who doesn't game much but does have a PS3.  We've been trying to plan this out and get together, but our plans for April fell through, so we were going to try again in July or August.  So this is a punch in the gut as that was pretty important to me.  There are very few 4 player co-op third person shooters that have ever existed, and this is really unfortunate.  I would really appreciate some warning to actually be able to plan around.  I don't imagine servers can be kept up forever, and I don't think anybody here does either, but I also don't think it's unreasonable to ask for an extension with proper warning this time. 

This way of treating older games so nonchalantly really kills any incentive I have to purchase games unless I'm absolutely sure I'm going to play them right away, which I feel like is the opposite of something you'd want as a publisher.  I'm not talking about some unrealistic boycott nonsense blah blah.  I'm saying very honestly, I buy a lot of games on the off-chance I will play them.  But if there is an online component, this makes me go "...mmm, nah, because one day I'll decide to play this, and they'll have taken the servers down without warning.  Better hold off."  That's how this kind of action affects how I act.

It's not a good relationship to foster with your community. It doesn't make me feel like you value your products when you don't care enough to ensure you can fix mistakes meaningfully.  Again, I don't have any silly ideas that valuing your products means you have to indefinitely keep servers up.  You have a business to run.  I get it.  But you need to balance that with how you communicate with your community, and part of that means ensuring you always make good on your policies.  The moment you have an exception that you make no effort to fix, and was so poorly handled your own company was full of people who misunderstood, it just kills trust in the consumer.  No one expects you to not make mistakes.  But what we care about is how you handle them. 

I really hope you guys reconsider and make a small extension for those who want to go for achievements, finally wrangle their friends to play through the game, or set aside some time during the month to play some horde mode again.  

Message 74 of 151 (1,466 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Wonderfully said, @Chettlar! Wholeheartedly agree.

Message 75 of 151 (1,458 Views)

★ Guide

Guys please bring it bay for only 30 days . We are asking that for a long period of time.

Message 76 of 151 (1,318 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi Guys,

I was still wondering if there is anything going on behind the scene. It is almost half July and the problems start appearing at the beginning of June.

A customer support research shouldn't take so long. Even if this particular case is on the bottom of the pile.

AFAIK the thing I have seen is that the game isnt properly announced in the sunset thread. As an outsider, my first instinct would be that the sunset page is badly managed. If I see that point as an insider I would likely report on this internally and try to make things better, via procedures and stuff. This is considering Fuse was meant to be shutdown as earlier stated.

Well I see a post by a community manager talking about this, so what is baffling me is that the sunset page doesn't  show Fuse as shutdown still. Which I think is weird, I can think up 3 reasons why that is:

- The avaliablity of the Fuse servers are still internally considered. Which if it were to be made avaliable (even for only 30 days, as a lot pointed out) seems like the most optimal solution as a gamer / customer stance.

- The subject is still getting researched and you only want to change anything after research and the conclusions are made, which is taking a very long time right now.

- This isnt a problem, which is, in the eyes of a customer, not good.

Message 77 of 151 (1,167 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

You forgot one reason, which is the most likely... No-one here from EA really cares.

Message 78 of 151 (1,116 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm sure there are some people at both Insomniac and EA who do care, but when leadership aren't making the call to correct this issue, it definitely does lead to this feeling like no one cares, which I don't think is a good image.

Really hoping this is still being looked at.  

Message 79 of 151 (1,100 Views)

★ Guide

We are desperately still waiting…

Message 80 of 151 (1,028 Views)