Re: FUSE (Insomniac Games), Unable to play online with friends.

by samuraisnake

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

I wanted to say thanks for sharing with us,@EA_Cade. That sucks. I'd like to ask for one more month to re-open that server. That's it. 

Message 31 of 151 (2,091 Views)

★★ Apprentice

where are the 90 days notice ?

Wondering

Message 32 of 151 (2,078 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is inexcusable.  It really is.  Please fix this.  As others have stated, all we are asking for is 30 days.  That's not much to ask for considering we didn't even get the courtesy of a server shutdown notification.  Please fix this.  Please bring the servers back.

"...why this wasn't communicated..." 

Actions like this is just a small piece of the overall puzzle as to why EA is viewed so negatively among some gamers.  It's no surprise that EA was named worst company in America by Consumerist in 2012 and 2013.  Server closures were recently announced for older Need For Speed titles.  At least those titles got 90 days.  However, it was announced on May 31st that the games would be taken off the digital stores on May 31st.  Really?  You announce on the day that the games would be pulled, that the games would be pulled.  Again, inexcusable.  I will never understand how game companies can treat their gamers, you know the consumers that buy their games and support them, with such indifference.  Sometimes it really seems like some game companies don't care about gamers, or worse, view gamers with outright contempt.  Yes, I realize Fuse wasn't hugely popular.  Yes, I realize it's an old game.  Yes, I realize servers have to come down eventually.  It's still inexcusable.  We never got a server shutdown notification.  Please fix this.  Please bring the servers back.  All the community is asking for is 30 days to finish the online portion of the game that we purchased.

This disappointment isn't directed to the community managers or mods in the forum.  It's not their fault.  It wasn't their decision.  EA, please fix this.  Please give us the 30 days.

Message 33 of 151 (2,068 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Cade hii atleast can you fix this mistake by bringing it back for atleast a couple of weeks? because the 30 days notice wasnt honored and none of us here had an idea that the servers were going down
Message 34 of 151 (2,050 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hey, There are a few other old games with servers that people would like to play on. I myself like to play syndicate with friends real soon.

I totally understand that this is an oopsie and that it was supposed to be on the sunset page.

But can you maybe confirm the state and the decisions of the other games with ea servers?

Because seemingly a lot of older EA servers are shutting down and the sunset list is presumingly not trustable.

Also sorry for the test message (first time using this forum) Standard smile

Message 35 of 151 (1,980 Views)

Hi! I am still interested in the online game. As players here in the community s

★★ Novice

Hi!

I am still interested in the online game.

As players here in the community say, they have to warn before closing the servers, as they do in responsible companies like recently rockstar with Gta and Max payne.

It is the least you should do for the people who believed in you and the game.

Message 36 of 151 (1,569 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi!

I am still interested in the online game.

As players here in the community say, they have to warn before closing the servers, as they do in responsible companies like recently rockstar with Gta and Max payne.

It is the least you should do for the people who believed in you and the game.

Message 37 of 151 (1,935 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I dont know guys what you expect trom us....like "ohhh ok, you forgot to tell to everybody who bought the game that you going to server the close, its ok dont worry, all the hours who invest to plat this game its gone, but you know  what? doesnt matter because you give to us an apology"...you want to give us a real apology? ok, so give us a month to do the online and then you can close the servers properly.

Message 38 of 151 (1,927 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

EA has promised in the past to give at least 30 days notice before a game's servers shutdown. I understand that a mistake was made, and that's okay. But the right thing to do now is to turn the servers back on and give the players a 30 day warning before the shutdown this time. A gesture like this will be very well received by a dedicated audience who enjoy EA games. I implore you to consider it. Thank you.

Message 39 of 151 (1,923 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

First of all - thank you for sharing this, even thought it's too late. You are MVP.

And I don't want to sound ungrateful, but this doesn't really cut it. Game had online. It was working fine. It didn't need that much support I assume - and you guys didn't even bother with announcing closure ahead of time? Look at Rockstar, they made announcement about Max Payne, a game with pretty dead multiplayer, 3 months ahead of closure. That's why people respect Rockstar: even if it doesn't really care at least it makes it look like it cares. And this is why Electronic Arts isn't loved in gaming circles. 

And this

> We are currently working with our partners to discover why this wasn't communicated on the Sunset page at this time. 

Doesn't really help things. In fact, it makes it even worse, the fact that not only not it wasn't a mistake, but seems like a conscious omission made because someone thought that "people wouldn't care, it's Fuse". But people do care. I, guys in this thread - we we planning to play the game, to finish up trophies, do something with it. It's a game about 4 players after all. I'm not saying this to you personally, but to EA as a whole - this is just plain "heck you" to your audience. Sorry if it sounds harsh, but that's the thing about truth: sometimes it hurts.

So I ask you - please, return servers for at least few weeks just to let people finish up the game. People payed money for this game, paid for service. And this is the thanks EA's customers get?

Message 40 of 151 (1,884 Views)