Re: F.A. Premier League Manager 2002

by Sheila2017a

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Is there ANY way to get this game digitally in a LEGAL way!?!? The F.A. Premier League Manager 2002 is my favourite game of all time, and I've been feeling quite nostalgic for a while now, but my laptop doesn't have a disc reader and is a Windows 10... Finding and buying an old computer seems to go a bit far for me...

If anyone can help me with this I would be very thankful!

Thanks!

Daan (the Dutch Dan I guess..?)

Message 11 of 25 (3,131 Views)

Community Manager

@DaaBee88 Hi Daan,

Unfortunately I am not aware of a purely digital version of the game being available for purchase.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 12 of 25 (3,123 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Hi Nils, Like a few others, I enjoy Premier League Manager 2002, which I can play on an old PC still running Windows XP.  However, as you know, XP is increasingly hard to get/support.  Is there any way of playing this great game in Windows 7 (eg a compatability update)?  The game installs OK on a Windows 7 PC but won't load or play.  Any help appreciated!  Thanks

Message 13 of 25 (2,976 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Can anyone please help me. I've tried everything to get this game working.

I've tried it on two virtual machines, an XP version and a Windows 98 SE version with updated graphics, neither worked. I can install the game but they both fail when I attempt to run it. Not sure there's any other way to get this running. Any ideas?

Message 14 of 25 (2,667 Views)

@CopeyTheStokey you might need certain redistributables installed (which means older Direct X, like 9 and possibly a .Net Framework)

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 15 of 25 (2,648 Views)

Community Manager

@CopeyTheStokey It can be impossible to get some older games working on modern PCs, it's for that reason that I keep a number of old PCs running different OS so that I can easily revisit games. 

Darko.png
Message 16 of 25 (2,647 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
How do I do that?
Message 17 of 25 (2,629 Views)

[ Edited ]

@CopeyTheStokey  Well, you can find them on the MIcrosoft site

A good guide with the direct links for downloads (MS site)

Direct X 9.0C here

I would advise for running a VM with a Win XP for both Visual C++ and Direct X.

A few questions:

a) is your CPU a recent one  (Skylake, Kaby Lake or Coffee Lake) or an older one (Broadwell, Haswell, Ivy Bridge, Sandy Bridge or Nehalem)

b) if the answer at the first question involves one of the older Intel CPU's, do you have a small SATA HDD lying around?

If you have an older CPU and an unused extra hard, you can make a dual-boot OS, switching between Windows 10 (or 7, 8, 8.1) and Windows XP. If you have a newer CPU's you can't make a dual-boot OS, as the old OS do not have support for those CPU's (no drivers available for them in the old OS). 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 18 of 25 (2,615 Views)

Community Manager

@CopeyTheStokey The best thing to do is look on a site like ebay, you can pick up an old PC for nothing these days, I recently got a couple of decade-old PCs from a business that was dumping them. Took them apart, cleaned em up and then put all the best parts into one machine. I know it's an annoyance but to get older titles to run it can be the only way to run some.

Darko.png
Message 19 of 25 (10,833 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Ребята, помогите. Не адекватно работает сия чудо. Фпс после заставки падает до 1-2. Пробовал совместимость, уменьшал цветовую гамму. Пробовал запуск от администратора и оконный режим. Не помогает. Что делать?
Message 20 of 25 (2,430 Views)