Re: F.A. Premier League Manager 2002

by Accountant33

Original Post

Accepted Solution

F.A. Premier League Manager 2002

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hi,

Bit of an old game and blast from the past as this was the last in the series.

My friend and I play this for nostalgic reasons and I've gone through several discs in the hope that each time the glitch ruining the multiplayer gameplay was not an inherent flaw in the game, unfortunately it seems like it is.

Was there ever a patch to correct the glitches found in the game as I still feel a duty is owed to those who are fond of this franchise, I know there are communities out there who still play this.

The glitch was in multiplayer with 2 players, player two upon constructing a training centre couldn't hire a coach, or any staff for that matter. The staff would glitch and after accepting the job offer, would join player one's staffing team... There is seemingly no way to rectify this.

This glitch makes multiplayer largely unplayable and unenjoyable.

There are other glitches which I would of expected to have been fixed.

Could you guide me to a patch or give me an update please?

Message 1 of 25 (14,548 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@CopeyTheStokey The best thing to do is look on a site like ebay, you can pick up an old PC for nothing these days, I recently got a couple of decade-old PCs from a business that was dumping them. Took them apart, cleaned em up and then put all the best parts into one machine. I know it's an annoyance but to get older titles to run it can be the only way to run some.

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 19 of 25 (10,837 Views)

All Replies

FA Premier League Manager 2002 on WIndows7 x64

★★ Novice

Is there any way to get this ti install/run on Windows 7x64

Im seriously in the mood for a good dose of nostalgia playing this as i played it for many many years and enjoyed every second

Anyone got any idea's or reccomendatoins for a similar game

Message 2 of 25 (14,421 Views)

F.A. Premier League Football Manager 99

★★★ Newbie

Hello EA,

I wanted to play F.A. Premier League Football Manager 99, but i can't find the CD. That Game is so old that you dont have it on the Website anymore.

Could you do something that i can play it again? I don't know where I could get a Game which is THAT old.

If you should answer this send the Answer to -> [edit: email address removed]

Greetz

Juce

Message 3 of 25 (14,398 Views)

Re: F.A. Premier League Football Manager 99

★★★★★ Expert

Answer HQ doesn't have eMail.  You have to return to the forum for your answwer, and it won't be here any more, because to posted in the wrong forum. 

By now, that game is probably a freebie, or really low cost from Good Old Games.  Did you Google it already? 

The one just prior is out there: 

http://www.fmscout.com/a-championship-manager-9798-free-download.html

and then this:

http://www.raishahnawaz.com/2013/05/ea-fifa-99-game-for-pc-free-full.html#.UzIszc7S13c

Message 4 of 25 (14,394 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey,

The only option when playing in multiplayer is not to build training centers and the other stuff that you can build in order to be equal with your friend. 

I would really like to see a rooster update to this game Standard smile. This is my all time favorite game of EA and the favorite football manager game ever. It's sad that you guys let this one go so easily...

Hey, EA, what do you say about reviving this masterpiece of a game ?

Have a good one,

3k.

Message 5 of 25 (12,762 Views)

Anonymous

im writing you from germany ...

nice to know that there are others who still play this game too!

i came to the 2002 version after playing the fa premier league manager 2001 version for about now 14 years.

i wish there was an helpful official update for one of both games that would delete the mistakes made when the games were written in 2000/2001.

I'd love to get an uncompiled version of the game from EA, so that we could edit the programm code on our own. but where to ask? any idea?

Message 6 of 25 (12,549 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
My favourite game from my teens was EA F.A. Premier League Manager 2001 for the PC.  Is there anyway I can get this to play on?

Can EA provide the official download?

Have searched ebay, gumtree etc plenty of playstation versions available but not on PC.

Am feeling extreme cravings to play this but cannot get anywhere.

Message 7 of 25 (12,370 Views)

Community Manager

@Accountant33 Hi there,

If you cannot find the game from online retailers, have you considered going with the 2000 or 2002 version instead?

I can see available copies on Amazon UK for those.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 8 of 25 (12,367 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yea I was sceptical as never played those versions.  On looking at it the 2002 looks very similar to the 001 version so looks like it'll be that for me.  Thanks Nils.

Dan

Message 9 of 25 (12,364 Views)

Community Manager

@Accountant33 No worries, Dan.

I totally understand where you are coming from, every other year I also jump back into one of my football management games and play another season or two.

Have fun! Standard smile

Message 10 of 25 (12,361 Views)