Re: Escape The Emerald Star

by runawaygollum

Original Post

Escape The Emerald Star

★★★ Newbie

I installed this earlier and in the options I set it to fullscreen. However in fullscreen the mouse doesn't work. It just sits in the top left corner of the screen. If I move the mouse very quickly then it moves away from the corner but immediately drifts back to the corner on its own. So now I cannot get back into options to unset the fullscreen thing. Tried uninstally and reinstalling twice but it doesn't clear the fullscreen setting. How do I fix this?

Message 1 of 8 (1,187 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @SebastianFinke.

Can you ensure that any overlay you may be running is closed when playing the game.

To disable the Origin overlay, you can click Origin > Application settings within the Origin client. Then choose the Origin In Game tab and disable it via the checkbox.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 8 (1,157 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko @SebastianFinke
Hi, I'm having the same issue. The overlay thing didn't work for me. Has there been any updates on how to solve this issue?
Thanks
Message 3 of 8 (998 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This solution has not worked for me. 

Message 4 of 8 (816 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just fixed this exact same problem by right clicking on the program file in windows explorer and choosing properties.  I then picked the compatibility tab and chose "run this file in Windows 7 mode".  Now works perfectly in full screen mode.  

Message 5 of 8 (612 Views)

Community Manager

Great to hear that you got it sorted @SteveZill.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 8 (573 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me on Windows 11 the fix for fullscreen and mouse bugs was to go to the compatibility tab and press "Change high DPI settings", then at the bottom check "Override high DPI scaling behavior" and change it to System. =)

Message 7 of 8 (165 Views)

Community Manager

Hey Everyone, 

This post has gotten pretty old at this point, and the team has worked to bring several changes since this thread first started. 

Due to our efforts to keep Answers HQ up to date, with the latest relevant information. I will be locking this thread for further replies. 

For information on why this happened, or other changes you might see on Answers HQ, check out the link below:

Forum Rules & Guidelines

• Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.

Thanks! 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 8 of 8 (112 Views)