Escape The Emerald Star Fullscreen Bug

by kilytily

Original Post

Escape The Emerald Star Fullscreen Bug

★★★ Newbie

Hi. I put my game into fullscreen but I can't seem to exit fullscreen mode. This is a problem because the mouse does not work in full screen. It just sits in the top left corner and you are unable to move it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times as well as restarting my computer. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 5 (833 Views)

Re: Escape The Emerald Star Fullscreen Bug

Community Manager
@kilytily Can you try disabling Origin In-Game and seeing if you continue to have mouse issues?

Origin In-Game:
- Launch the Origin Client
- Select 'origin' in the top left, then Application settings
- Select 'origin in-game' tab, disable this option (the grey 0)

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 5 (766 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This solution did not work for me. 

Message 3 of 5 (634 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For me on Windows 11 the fix for fullscreen and mouse bugs was to go to the compatibility tab and press "Change high DPI settings", then at the bottom check "Override high DPI scaling behavior" and change it to System. This also worked for Escape Whisper Valley. Probably fixes Rosecliff Island too. Let me know if it worked :D

Message 4 of 5 (204 Views)

Community Manager

Hey Everyone, 

This post has gotten pretty old at this point, and the team has worked to bring several changes since this thread first started. 

Due to our efforts to keep Answers HQ up to date, with the latest relevant information. I will be locking this thread for further replies. 

For information on why this happened, or other changes you might see on Answers HQ, check out the link below:

Forum Rules & Guidelines

• Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.

Thanks! 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 5 of 5 (128 Views)