Re: Error 327684:1 when installing SimCity Societies

by rabryant152

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Error 327684:1 when installing SimCity Societies

★ Novice

I have been repeatedly running into this error and a 5100 error when trying to install SimCity Societies. I have run Origin as an administrator. I have deleted the program directory and re-downloaded everything. Some of the other threads with this error code have said to go into the program directory and run the dot net installer as an administrator. I have done this, only to get a popup that I have to use the add/remove windows features in the control panel to do anything to dotnet 3.51. I'm running WIndows 7, which has dot net 3.51 already installed. THis is getting very frustrating. How can I install SimCity Societies?

Message 1 of 4 (893 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★ Novice

Ok, here's how I fixed it: Went into the program files directory, ran the dotnet installer as an administrator, and when the popup came up reminding me to use the add/remove windows features, another window opened, asking if it installed correctly. I clicked on the reinstall using recommended settings, and the installer ran but it still closed with an error. But when I immediately opened Origin (as an administrator), I was able to install it finally.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (886 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★ Novice

Ok, here's how I fixed it: Went into the program files directory, ran the dotnet installer as an administrator, and when the popup came up reminding me to use the add/remove windows features, another window opened, asking if it installed correctly. I clicked on the reinstall using recommended settings, and the installer ran but it still closed with an error. But when I immediately opened Origin (as an administrator), I was able to install it finally.

Message 2 of 4 (887 Views)

Community Manager

@rabryant152

Thank you so much for coming back to post your fix!

barry.png
Message 3 of 4 (868 Views)

★★ Novice

That seemed to be just coincidence or luck. I have exactly the same problem and it doesn't work with this approach. :-(

Message 4 of 4 (606 Views)