Re: Is Emperor: Battle for Dune supported by Windows 10?

by Gorath_the_Elder

Original Post

★★★★★ Expert

You are writing to the game player community here on Answer HQ, not to Microsoft, and not to EA's customer support.   Windows 10 supposedly included a WinXP emulation mode, but it's apparently faulty. 

Message 11 of 18 (4,858 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@bowtieboy2003 

Your query, and my reply, have been merged onto the end of the compilation of posts about this game. 

Message 12 of 18 (4,853 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

No discussions about piracy (see forum rules). You can still buy a second hand copy, if you want.

Message 13 of 18 (3,785 Views)

★★★ Novice

These 2 files were released to the games community at dune2k by EA to fix the installation and run issues, they will not work however if not used together properly.  It's hosted somewhere on an official EA ftp website but the safest way to find it is at the community website to which it was provided. Instructions must be followed exactly.

Intro:       There are two files. setup.exe and emperor.exe the first is to patch the install process(the game will install without it but the second patch won't work so this step is necessary even if                      the game seems to install without it.) and the second is to patch the start up process. 

Step 1:    Copy the contents of the Install Disk to a Folder Named 1. INSTALL
Step 2:    Inside this folder there is a setup.exe, this is not the one we want to replace. There is a setup folder. inside there is another setup.exe. Replace this with the setup.exe from the fix.
Step 3a:    Install from this folder or 3b make an ISO named 1. INSTALL and mount it and install from there. 
Step 4:    Replace the Emperor.exe in the game folder with the Fixed Emperoer.exe
Step 5:    Run the game. If it doesn't work do the opposite 3 step than the one you tried. 

http://dune2k.com/Download/32

Message 14 of 18 (3,152 Views)

Re: Old Idea

★★ Novice
any thing new om the game ?
Message 15 of 18 (3,065 Views)

Re: Old Idea

@Mangrey  Nope.  And bloody Herbert estate gave the license to Funcom, so they would develop new games. My level of trust towards them: zero. The only saving grace is that Funcom has a good relationship with Petroglyph, which is a studio made from former Westwood devs.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 16 of 18 (3,046 Views)

★★★ Novice

no, the are not false claims, the very last patch the company released for the game was designed to fix the installer for windows 10 and still works.

Windows 10 Dropped support for SafeDisk copy protection which was originally used in the game. When that happened it broke the game. So the developers made one last official fix to remove the copy protection legally and officially so that it could work on windows 10.

get your install patch from

https://dune2k.com/Duniverse/Games/Emperor

dune2k.com is the closest thing left to an official resource for these old Dune Games.  They don't allow piracy or sharing of keys, so you'll need an original game disk, but they have every official patch, update and map pack saved from the original developer so you don't have to get them from sketchy piracy pages. 

Message 17 of 18 (1,451 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @NOFVNEVER please do not bump older threads such as this as it can be considered spam.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 18 of 18 (1,437 Views)