Re: Dungeon Keeper 2 missing WEANETR.dll

by jpvandijk

Original Post

Community Manager

@Groversmill1938 Can you explain what you mean by lag? I loaded up the game last night and had no issues with it. With older games it can take some tinkering around to get the game to work as best it can on modern hardware. 

Darko.png
Message 111 of 122 (5,237 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah I got it working now I change the ingame resolution to 640x480 and lag was gone. Now I just need yall to come out with a modern Dungeon Keeper 3 Standard smile

Message 112 of 122 (5,191 Views)

Community Manager

@Groversmill1938 Glad to hear that the game is working for you now.

Darko.png
Message 113 of 122 (5,180 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Setting tonthat resolution worked for me but graphics suck. Funny it doesn’t age well. 

Look forward to next gen!

Message 114 of 122 (4,815 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have found a solution Standard smile 

How to fix Dungeon Keeper 2 Performance Windows 10 8 & 7

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUgXTenBP9k

you can download the file right here:

https://bitbucket.org/veg/tinyddraw/downloads/wndmode.zip

the game menu is a bit slow, but the game itself wil run fine! 

Message 115 of 122 (4,763 Views)

Re: dungeon keepers 2 mouse not their

Message 116 of 122 (4,457 Views)

Re: Dungeon Keeper 2

★★★ Newbie

This worked great, thx

Message 117 of 122 (4,155 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Captain-Pimp69 i just cant use my mouse
Message 118 of 122 (3,975 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've just downloaded the game today as I loved it many years ago but just couldn't get it anywhere.

I was chuffed to bits to find it on Origin so I happily paid the £4.25 for it. Sat down for a nice afternoon/evening's play but I can't get the game to work. I have made some progress - I've played about with the compatibility settings and have now been able to get past the frozen bulldog screen to actually watching the startup video but once I get to the game menu that's when I can't go any further because my mouse doesn't work. I've tried mousepad and actual mouse but nothing. Interestingly enough, though, the only way for me to have gotten the frozen bulldog screen to unfreeze was to click the mouse - after that - nothing.

I've read loads of guides, tips, advice and followed as much as I can. I've seen some advising downloading third party software but I'm not comfortable with that. I've spent most of the afternoon/evening trying to get the game to work and I'm at my wits end now. Why on Earth Origin still sell this when there are so many problems getting it to work I don't know. Are they that greedy?

I tried to contact support but the only options are to call or online chat - why can't I just email?

If anyone has any ideas on how I can get this to work that hasn't already been covered in other guides etc that'd be great but right now I think I'll just put this down to a wasted fiver and go play Diablo 3!

Message 119 of 122 (2,956 Views)

Re: Dungeon Keeper 2 keeps freezing at the bullfrog logo

★★★ Newbie

Doesnt work, thanks though

Message 120 of 122 (1,880 Views)