Re: Activation code???

by Gorath_the_Elder

Original Post

Activation code???

★ Novice

Dungeon Keeper 2 - its asking me for an activation code. 

I bought the game on Origin & don't have an activation code - the game is not on my games list any more. 

What gives??

Message 61 of 122 (4,038 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

If you purchased a digital download through Origin, the CDkey was automatically recorded into your original player account.  No one on Answer HQ has in depth access into the contents of anyone's player accounts.  There should no need to "activate" anything, TTBOMK.  I suspect that only a Game Adviser would be able to assist you unraveling whatever has happened:

https://help.ea.com/ 

All of the Game Advisers are found through the Help Center website, not here in Answer HQ.  This is a gamer community website here.

Message 62 of 122 (4,039 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for your reply,

Could you direct me to said game adviser?

I don't understand why Origin would direct me here if this is the wrong place to ask the question

Message 63 of 122 (4,030 Views)

Community Manager

@killsteve1987 Hi,

I can't seem to find the transaction, nor the game on your account.

Are you sure that you are using the same account that you had used initially to register the game? I would suggest trying any other email addresses you might have to see whether the game is registered on that account.

If you are unable to figure out which account it might be, you will need to contact an EA Game Advisor: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new
You can find details on how to do so here: http://help.ea.com/en/article/contact-ea-help/

Log in with your Origin account and choose "Origin" as Product, your Platform, "Codes" as Topic and describe your issue to see all available contact options.
If there is no phone support or live chat available at the time, please scroll down below the Answer HQ box to check our live support availability for your region.

Thank you,
Nils

Message 64 of 122 (4,016 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have only ever used the one email. The game is in my Origin games folder. 

Its really silly that origin just deletes a game that I paid for yet somehow I'm supposed to prove to EA that I own the game??

Message 65 of 122 (4,008 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@killsteve1987 wrote:

Thanks for your reply,

Could you direct me to said game adviser?

(It's on many dozens of the pages here.)

I don't understand why Origin would direct me here if this is the wrong place to ask the question

I imagine you lost your way away from Help Center by accident.  This next appears in the sidebar on the top page of every single forum, and many other pages more:

For any account maintenance, persona assistance or code related queries, contact our Games Advisers using the new Help Center.

How to: Contact an EA Adviser.

Message 66 of 122 (3,997 Views)

Dungeon Keeper 2. "User Account Control" every-time to play this game.

★★ Newbie

Ever-time I want to play this game i get the "User Account Control" pop-up window.

How do you fix this?

Message 67 of 122 (3,974 Views)

Dungeon Keeper 2 Problems

★★★ Newbie

I just bought Dungeon Keeper 2 and have been having constant issues with it. Its very laggy for one and the mouse stops working constantly - but its usually fixed when I tab out and back in. The biggest problem I'm having is that when I go to try and save the game crashes every single time and its very frustraiting. I've tried running it with the changed compatibility for my computer and still no luck. I am about to return it because its not worth it to play if I can never save and when I do play its constant lag. Any ideas before I do? 

Message 68 of 122 (3,956 Views)

Re: Dungeon Keeper 2 Problems

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same troubles. The game will allow me to quick save but not save the game through the menu prompt. If I try to save and enter a file name the game crashes. Then when I restart the game and try to play my quick save game, the file does not show up. The game keeps asking me to sync my games and then it starts and crashes. I loved this game when it first came out in the 90's but this version is horrible. I spent three hours playing and most of the time was spent trying to fix the game.

Message 69 of 122 (3,945 Views)

Re: Dungeon Keeper 2

★★★ Newbie

When I try and type the name of a save file, or enter my name in the high score list, the whole game freezes.

Message 70 of 122 (3,959 Views)