Re: Game not loading correctly. (dungeon keeper 2)

by myskittay

Original Post

dungeon names

★★★ Newbie
When I started playing I get to the point where it allows me to put in my dungeon name. But when I try the keyboard just disappears. Any help??
Message 31 of 122 (2,934 Views)

Dungeon Keeper 2 in-game choppiness

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hey guys, I have purchased Dungeon Keeper 2 and when you launch beyond the game menu, which works perfectly by the way, the game starts to be super choppy, like 10 or 5 fps. Sound is not affected though. Any suggestions and help would be deeply appreciated!

Thank you!

Message 32 of 122 (2,796 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I have a similar issue, though I have never gotten it to work. It loads fine, plays the intro scenes fine but then I can't select anything or move the cursor. I'm on Windows 8 too, wondering if it might be incompatible with Win8?

Message 33 of 122 (2,815 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@myskittay wrote:

I have a similar issue, though I have never gotten it to work. It loads fine, plays the intro scenes fine but then I can't select anything or move the cursor. I'm on Windows 8 too, wondering if it might be incompatible with Win8?

Me too - identical problem.

Very frustraiting

Message 34 of 122 (2,803 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I too purchased Dungeon Keeper and Dungeon Keeper 2 - While I can get them to run they both have massive issues - Dungeon Keeper will only run in a small (and unplayable) window while Dungeon Keeper 2 is choppy, keeps freezing and eventually crashes.

Hopefully we will get some response soon as I loved this classic games the first time around and want to play them again.

Message 35 of 122 (2,793 Views)

Dungeon Keeper 2 missing WEANETR.dll

★★★ Newbie

I bought this game 2 month ago over the Origin Webstore. I thought, when I buy a game there it will work without any problems. I tried now several things, but I always get the error during the start:

WEANETR.dll is missing.

The DLL File is there.

So EA, why do you sell games over the store which doesn't work on modern systems??

Message 36 of 122 (2,843 Views)

Dungeon Keeper 1 and 2 on Windows 8.1

★★★ Newbie

Hi. I'm pondering the thought of buying DK1 and DK2 on Origin. I own the retail copies of both game and both are hard/impossible to get running on my system and I'm wondering if the Origin purchase is a new release that works with newer systems?

Message 37 of 122 (2,836 Views)

Does the origin version of Dungeon Keeper 2 work on Windows 8?

★★★ Newbie

I just wondered as they r still selling the game on origin, whether it was an updated/compatable version with windows 8. I already have the disc version but it keeps crashing even when I try and use solutions from other forums

Message 38 of 122 (2,837 Views)

Dungeon Keeper 2

★★★ Newbie

my games starts fine and all but i dont have the hand in the main menu so i cant pick any thing have tried all most everything any one there have the same problem

Just buyed it yesterday

Message 39 of 122 (2,803 Views)

Re: Dungeon Keeper 2

★★★ Newbie

just got it fixed if you have win8.1 they have a guid http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2908279

Message 40 of 122 (2,802 Views)