Dungeon Keeper 2 a console virtion

by rune1973

Original Post

Re: DK2 Runs in windowed screen

★★★ Newbie

Hi Nils,

Thanks for the response - here are my results

1. Alt+Enter did nothing - Another place suggested Alt+R - nothing as well.

2. I modified the DOSBoxDK file as recommended in the post you directed me to. It did nothing as well. One thing that confuses me though is that this file is located in the GOG Games folder. No where did I find one in the EA or Origin folders. Am I looking in the wrong place?

I still think it's related to Windows Aero somehow as I continually get the message "The Color scheme has been changed to Windows Basic" while the DK2 window is opened.

Sorry to be a pest, but this is the only game I have ever played using Origin that this has happened! Again all suggestions welcomed.

Thanks!

Steve

Message 21 of 122 (5,064 Views)

Re: dungeon keeper, origin

★★★ Newbie

mee too, from the bullfrog screen the pointer disappear. i have windows 8 on a laptop. Thanks

Message 22 of 122 (5,054 Views)

Dungeon Keeper 2

★★★ Newbie

every time i hit play for Dungeon Keeper 2 it starts to load and then crashes with DKII-DX has stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: DKII-DX.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 00000000

Fault Module Name: PATCH.dll

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4fd0605c

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0000305a

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: b82f

Additional Information 2: 09044cd83f2db5d2a8ce02601393ce31

Additional Information 3: 7ed8

Additional Information 4: e7f0acb8011dde717d43b4dd79565a34

any help please?

Message 23 of 122 (5,046 Views)

Dungeon Keeper 2 Multiplayer

★★★★ Novice

Hello there,

me and my buddy just bought the good old DKII :D. When trying to play online he is able to find me in the server list, but when tryining to connect, its loading almost forver before canceling without any message. I already forwarded port 7575. I hope we can count on EA by selling games on origin that have internet support like valve does on steam...

Help whould be appriciated!

Message 24 of 122 (5,044 Views)

Dungeon Keeper 2 multiplayer

★ Newbie

Could anyone tell me if there is an easy way to play DK2 online beside installing a third party program ?

I love this game, loved the fact EA made it available on origin, but kinda sucks to be unable to see multiplayer games. Im sure this game would be a good seller if multiplayer protocol was updated to allow multiplayer gaming without going through a lot of work.

Message 25 of 122 (5,061 Views)

Re: Dungeon Keeper 2 multiplayer

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yeah thats exactly what i hope. I even find it kind of a shame, offering a game without multiplayer support, that is supposed to have one, without informing the customer at the shop page. Kind of a ripoff... Thats why I will always prefer steam after all!

Edit: btw a friend of mine is able to view my game in the Server list. But when trying to join, its loading almost forever bevor going back to the server list without any error message at all. I already forwarded Port 7575 but no chance...

Edit part 2: @mitas04: you wont find any server unless you put them on your address book (you will find it in the multiplayer lobby TCP/IP), what means you have to play with buddys (yes DKII is oldschool :D), so if your are the host for example, your buddy has to put your public ip (not the local ip) and your chosen (and forwarded, if you are using a router) port on his address book. After that he should be able to view your game, but probably not join it.

I thought it could be related to the windows firewall, but it already automaticly made an exception. Any respond to this by EA whould be nice! Thank you!

Message 26 of 122 (5,057 Views)

Re: Dungeon Keeper 2 multiplayer

★★★★ Novice

anyone?

Message 27 of 122 (5,039 Views)
Highlighted

Dungeon Keeper 2 a console virtion

★★★★ Apprentice

I loved the game Dungeon Keeper 2 it was fun and amuseing the creatures in it and the building so i thaught why not make a console virtion of the olg game Dungeon Keeper 2 withe any exspantioin that came withe it. I kowe they would haft to do some work for a console virtion but it would be a fun game doing  everything you could on the pc virtion allso they got a tablet & phone virtion so why not come to console. 

Message 28 of 122 (5,007 Views)

Game not loading correctly. (dungeon keeper 2)

★★★ Newbie

Purcashed game yesterday. Had no issues loading and playing game. Now when I try to load and play it does not even load. It will stop working and windows will run error check. I have restarted computer several times. Tried to patch the game through Origin. Wondering what could be wrong. I am running on Windows 8.0. Have no issues with any of my other games through origin.

Message 29 of 122 (4,789 Views)

Dungeon Keeper 2 widescreen?

★★★ Newbie

Is it possible to do this with an Origin copy? I did a google search and tried editing the registry as instructed but it does not work.

Message 30 of 122 (4,944 Views)