Re: Dungeon Keeper 2

by Djnotnicex

Original Post

Re: Dungeon Keeper 2 - Download Failed - Repair Failed

★★★ Novice

That did work, so thanks! But now I don't know how to boot up the programs that were closed. Do I have to go back into the msconfig, enable them and then restart? Because after doing that most of the programs are not starting correctly, for example steam can't connect to the internet.

Message 11 of 122 (7,664 Views)

★★★ Novice

Done and done.

Thanks for your help, the culprit was ad-aware. Which is odd considering that was one of the first things I tired doing was to disable it, but I guess it needed to be shut down from the start.

Great stuff!

Message 12 of 122 (7,663 Views)

Community Manager

@Zuthilios Thanks for getting back with the fix, sorry for the delay in response earlier. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 13 of 122 (7,658 Views)

dungeon keeper, origin

★ Newbie

The game loads to the start screen, but the mouse pointer wont work?

Message 14 of 122 (7,644 Views)

Dungeon Keeper 2 - Choppy Gameplay

★★★ Newbie

My Dungeon Keeper 2 from EA Origins plays really choppy. It runs smooth until the start of a game. Please help!

Message 15 of 122 (7,634 Views)

Dungeon Keeper 2 sluggish on widows 8 machine that runs Archlorde

★ Novice

When I start the game I get to the portion where you can choose to enter the options ro start. If I start the game the hand cursor barely moves and is sluggish as hell. I have 16 gigs fo ram and an I7 process and a GTX760, this game should fly. Theme hospital i bought at te same time works just fine so it is somethign in the coding for this. I am using windows 8.1.

Thanks

Message 16 of 122 (7,635 Views)

Re: Dungeon Keeper 2 - Choppy Gameplay

Community Manager

@magistare @Erovari Hi,

Are you both on Windows 8.1? If yes, try this fix for sluggish mouse pointers from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2908279

Cheers,

Nils

Message 17 of 122 (7,627 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Dungeon Keeper 2

★ Novice

tried to download it, always getting the message not for my pc. Got the same problems but couldnt find any help to get it working fine

Message 18 of 122 (7,620 Views)

DK2 Runs in windowed screen

★★★ Newbie

Ok I have it downloaded and installed with no problem. But when I run it, the game comes up in a seperate window and not in full screen. I also get a message about Windows 7 color scheme is entering into a basic mode due to the program that is running (DK2) being incompatible with some elements of Windows (something with Areo) - Running Win 7 with 8 GB RAM and Geforce GTX 560 (latest drivers installed - I did this when it failed previously and it didn't help). I also noticed in DK2 settings that DirectX is set to "fake device: and I cannot change it.

II have played many different games with Origin before wtih no problems. I've even played Peggle to verify if it was a network issue but that game plays fine. Any helpful suggestions are welcomed. Many thanks!

Message 19 of 122 (7,580 Views)

Re: DK2 Runs in windowed screen

Community Manager

@ForRogue Hi,

First off, you can try whether pressing Alt+Enter while the Dungeon Keeper window is focused forces the game into fullscreen.

If that does not work, you could try updating the dosbox file, see the suggestions here in post 1 and post 2.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 20 of 122 (7,578 Views)