Re: Dungeon Keeper 2 not registering mouse input.

by EA_Illium

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dungeon Keeper 2 not registering mouse input.

★★★ Newbie

I downloaded Dungeon Keeper 2 through the xbox game pass. My issue it that the game will load through to the start screen but it will not recognize the mouse. No cursor on screen and no registering that icons are being crossed as well as no ability to select options with the keyboard. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but dont know what else to try

Message 1 of 4 (985 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @friendlyfiend89 Try the following when you have a moment and let me know if this continues:

• Repair DK2 > Go to your collect > Select the 3 dots on the game tile > Repair
  • Clear EA Apps cache > Select clients top left menu > Help > App Recovery
  • Restart the client as an admin and attempt to launch the game. 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (923 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@friendlyfiend89 Can you try disabling any overlays you have running, and check if this continues?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 4 (947 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Spoiler

I am not aware of any overlays running on my laptop. FYI I have used several different different mice both wired and wireless. 

Message 3 of 4 (940 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @friendlyfiend89 Try the following when you have a moment and let me know if this continues:

• Repair DK2 > Go to your collect > Select the 3 dots on the game tile > Repair
  • Clear EA Apps cache > Select clients top left menu > Help > App Recovery
  • Restart the client as an admin and attempt to launch the game. 

Illium.png

Message 4 of 4 (924 Views)