Re: Def Jam Fight for NY Remastered for PS4

by Just_Blaze_Q8

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

You stole my thunder, @ivrognard; you're spot-on.

There's close to zero chance Def Jam OR EA will decide to remaster this game.

EA's reasons allude to the licensing costs and the nightmare they'll deal with between the label and the artists, but mainly the label.

Def Jam won't do it because they want to promote the industry's current talent, not the talent from the time the game was made - not to mention the switching of labels some of the artists have likely made, along with the rivalry that's pretty prevalent in the industry.

Hell hath no fury like an artist in the industry's scorn. (Musician, Actor, Author, WWF Wrestler, MMA Fighter, [insert contracted talent here])

It's a shame, but the realist side of me can't help but think this is as likely as the Brown's winning a Super Bowl anytime soon.

Message 21 of 31 (2,107 Views)

★★★ Newbie
People in kuwait 2
Message 22 of 31 (1,976 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We want def jam FFNY back !! 

Message 23 of 31 (1,974 Views)

★★★ Newbie

We want def jam FFNY back on ps4 you can remastered it and we can enjoy it the best EA game Ever 

Message 24 of 31 (1,973 Views)

★ Apprentice
@ATM_HeadSmasher Icon sucked but FFNY is one of the best ever.

If they only would have kept the same machanics as NY and not new stupid tweaks ICON would have sold. Never change what is perfect.
Message 25 of 31 (1,800 Views)

★ Apprentice
@JamesMdaviS Just release it online as backwards compatible ran by an emulator
Message 26 of 31 (1,799 Views)

★ Apprentice
@ivrognard Then just re-release instead of remaster. As online download.
Message 27 of 31 (1,794 Views)

@MauriceSki once a license expired,  a company can't sell the products based on it anymore. So unless EA decides that the license cost can be covered by a re-release/remaster and there will be a tidy profit, we are out of luck. But with the cost of music licenses in our days, there is a small chance for a renewal. The contracts will have to be made not only with the label, but with the artists, too. So a big part of the costs will be the whole legal part of those contracts. A simple re-release won't cut it either, as the game needs to be made backwards compatible. 

There are plenty of people that would love to see a remaster, but my guess is that the costs for either a re-release or a remaster would be far too high to justify it. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 28 of 31 (1,779 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I honestly love this game and cannot wait until EA remaster it

Message 29 of 31 (1,029 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I hope Def Jam Fight For NY will come out as remastered… I grew up playing it 

Message 30 of 31 (812 Views)