Dawngate - Bring it Back

by OptimusPhrym

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Dawngate - Bring it Back

★★★ Newbie

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure how many people will see this or even still remember this game. I have tried to reach out to EA but I'm one person and a nobody so why would they try to give me the time of day. The way this game was cancelled wasn't great, it just stopped to exist, there wasn't anything anyone could do to keep this game going. Every time I see something about Dawngate coming back I get so happy, something within me comes to life. This game was the only game that I truly felt a passion to support, I've got to connect with the Dev's and build relationships that I never knew I would build. To this day I still think about what and where this game could be, this was a fresh take on the MOBA genre, many people were supportive of this game. But given that it didnt see numbers that rivaled League of Legends in its first year live it was cancelled. How does a game in a competitive genre gain 12 million active players in a short time? Apex was able to do it but that was because it was a fresh take on that genre and introduced new mechanics. 

Given the state of League of Legends and Heroes of the Storm I believe Dawngate could make a strong comeback. The player base is there and given enough time and proper marketing this game could easily gain popularity and reach top charts. This could be the one saving grace for EA. pleasing the fans and really listening to them could revitalize the trust that EA once had with its players and community. Anthem was and still is a disaster and I don't see players really returning back to the game. I was rooting for Anthem and was really hoping that this game would bring me back to supporting EA. The only reason I'm even posting on the forum is because I was reminiscing about Dawngate and came across a clip of someone recreating the game. So please EA bring back Dawngate, dust it off and give it a proper chance, do not limit the development by setting a player base goal within a certain time frame. Look at Apex players will come and once they do they will continue to support the game.

Message 1 of 3 (770 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Dawngate - Bring it Back

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with the community @OptimusPhrym.

I am not aware of any plans to release the game and it is unlikely to happen as the game was cancelled before development completed but I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (683 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with the community @OptimusPhrym.

I am not aware of any plans to release the game and it is unlikely to happen as the game was cancelled before development completed but I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 3 (684 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Strongly agree and would personally talk 20 people into playing it if they re-release

Message 3 of 3 (482 Views)