Re: Darksiders Genesis, Help! Network Error

by sugamot0magazaki

Original Post

Darksiders Genesis, Help! Network Error

Me and my friend we purchased Darksiders Genesis to play co op from Origin but the game is not working. We both receive Network Error when we choose New Game with friends>
Also trying to refund the game it doesn't EXISTS in the Origin List!!!

Message 1 of 9 (2,018 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @sugamot0magazaki  Can you try going through our basic and advanced connection steps on both devices and see if the issue continues? Also if you still had questions about our refund policy you can check out our help article here

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 9 (1,969 Views)

[ Edited ]

thnx for replying, i've tried the port fowarding but it doesn't do anything. As for the troubleshooter flushing dns etc i've done several steps but it isn't my end of my friends end.

Clearly we can play Way Out co op, Battlefront 2, Battlefield V, Apex Legends, Titanfall 2 etc. Those are Origin games, i was wondering if anyone has ever tried to start a game in co op having no issues. It seems the game is not supported by Origin. The game is not even included in the refund list link you just provided :/

Message 3 of 9 (1,953 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @sugamot0magazaki 

Thank you for trying those steps, I don't have too much information for this issue I could suggest trying a Repair the game on Origin or a Clean Boot on both devices to see if this continues. If so we may need to report this to the Games Developers directly, with this being a third part game I would be unable to get information internally. 

It seems they have a report site here to submit issues. 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 4 of 9 (1,945 Views)

Hello ty for replying, sadly this is not an answer to my problem.
I don't see why i have to contact them since i bought the game from Origin, don't want to be rude but has anyone from Origin end ever tested this game if it works?

Message 5 of 9 (1,857 Views)

Community Manager
@sugamot0magazaki Thank you for going through the steps! The recommendation to provide the developers with a bug report was offered since this is a third-party title, Similar to games purchased on other platforms certain issues may need to be shared with the dev of the game to let them know this is going on. It would be similar to an EA Developed game purchased on Steam or a console was having an issue we would want a bug report here on our forums so we could further investigate.

Illium.png

Message 6 of 9 (1,839 Views)

Community Manager

@sugamot0magazaki If you have some further time we can also try clearing Origin cache and resetting Internet Explorer Then launching the game to see if this error continues.

Illium.png

Message 7 of 9 (1,838 Views)

@EA_Illium because they do not bother replying to me at all while if an employe from Origin contacts them is kinda different :/
Message 8 of 9 (1,832 Views)

Message 9 of 9 (1,829 Views)