Re: Crysis Wars SECUROM release date check....

by 8RAT8

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Crysis Wars SECUROM release date check....

★ Apprentice

So I installed Crysis : Warhead and Crysis Wars, while Crysis Warhead works good , Wars has to do some SECUROM release date check and obviously fails and I can't launch the game.

I got Origin version is there any fix for this ?

Message 1 of 7 (4,848 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager
Hi @THE_R0ADKILL,

Crysis Wars will no longer function on more recent OS's I'm afraid. At this time there is no available workaround we can provide.
EACade

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (4,825 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hi @THE_R0ADKILL,

Crysis Wars will no longer function on more recent OS's I'm afraid. At this time there is no available workaround we can provide.
EACade
Message 2 of 7 (4,826 Views)

@THE_R0ADKILL Crysis Wars is the MP component for Warhead and the servers were shutdown years ago. So even if you wold not receive that check message, you still would not be able to play it, as the MP servers are shutdown. 

Sadly, EA isn't the single owner of the IP and with Crytek being almost bankrupt, EA can't do anything, as Crytek is the graphic engine's owner and the game developer. So unless Crytek does something to remediate the game's problems on the modern OS (which is very unlikely, in its current state), the MP side is dommed (and probably the game, too, as they never removed the SecuROM online copy protection, a protection that seems to be phased out by MS, lately, just like the old copy protections : SafeDisc, SecuROM 1 - 5, StarForce or TAGES). As SecuROM online servers seem to die down, affecting the titles that did not had the copy protection replaced or removed, the fate of the games that used SecuROM online protection is becoming uncertain. Some companies will probably do something about it, if they are the IP owners, but others will probably remove the games from sales and send them to the games graveyard. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 3 of 7 (4,797 Views)
Highlighted

★ Novice
figures, typical crap, thx for the heads up
Message 4 of 7 (4,771 Views)

Unable to start CRYSIS WARS

★★★ Newbie

I have bought from store and downloaded CRYSIS WARS. After installation I tried to start the game but I am getting stuck on "Release Date Check" followed by an error occurring during that check. What do I have to do to get passed through that problem? I am using the latest version of Win 10 pro.

Message 5 of 7 (3,619 Views)

★ Apprentice

Crysis Wars still works via unofficial patch. On steam it works on Origin though, it displays that message.

CryServ client will let you play online.

Message 6 of 7 (3,557 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@THE_R0ADKILL Just change year date.
Message 7 of 7 (1,962 Views)