Crysis Warhead " The game can not start, There is a problem with the license ser

by jk2outcast

Original Post

Crysis Warhead " The game can not start, There is a problem with the license ser

★★★★ Novice

I have the original Retail copy of Crysis Warhead on pc and have recently reinstalled the game, shortly after I launch the game a message pops up advising that "The game can not start. There seems to be a problem contacting the license server. Ensure your internet connection is active and try again in a few minutes" 

I realize that the game servers were shut down in 2019, but I have reinstalled and played this game twice in the past two years, once late last year and previously in July 2020 and I never had this message appear previously.

I have tried all the suggested methods of changing compatibility modes etc and nothing makes a difference. After launching the game it doesn't get past the message that pops up. Is there some other method of getting past this license server check? I've got the retail original copy with the license code printed on it so and it accepts the code each time I install it. My internet service is high speed 300mbit Fibre and its definitely up and running, any advice appreciated.

Please. Just don't send me to the EA-Support-Live-Chat-Helpline. Talked to several people possibly from India and each time there responses were take it back to where you purchased it from and just plainly rude and discourteous and not willing to help . I just can't seem to get any help with getting my game to run, and the issue is clearly with the EA activation servers and even if the store were still open where I purchased it from (which they're not) then they wouldn't be able to help me anyway as the problem is not with the disc but with the activation process.

Can someone from EA Customer service please help?

Regards

jk2outcast

Message 1 of 1 (527 Views)