Re: Can't launch Jade Empire from Origin on windows 10

by Lato1982

Original Post

Can't launch Jade Empire from Origin on windows 10

★★★ Newbie

So I tried to launch Jade Empire today on my windows 10. After I downloaded from origin, I pressed play. Origin client thinks it's in the game, but game won't launch at all (nothing, not even error screen). Tried different compatibility modes, tried to get through launcher. Nothing, result is always the same. 

Message 1 of 7 (3,823 Views)

@KeeperOfTheFate couple of suspects there: the PhysX driver (you may need the legacy driver which is there for certain old games that can't use the newest version), DirectX (the game is using the old DirectX 9.0c and the lack of it may prevent the game to start).

Install those two and see if the game starts. 

P.S.: the DirectX kit should exist in the game's installation folder, so it worth checking before going to the MS site. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 7 (3,773 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tried it already. This really sucks. This is EA's own game, on it's own service and yet they don't care. Will try to hit EA customer service directly.

Message 3 of 7 (3,499 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Any luck? I have the same issue :/

Message 4 of 7 (3,390 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have you tried opening it from origin directly? I just did that a few times and it worked but the shortcut one the desktop didn't work at all.

Message 5 of 7 (2,953 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i cant even access the game on origin, i cant play or uninstall at all. 

Message 6 of 7 (2,101 Views)

Community Manager

Hey everyone, 

Thanks for letting us know about this issue, Can you try going the following steps if you have not already to see if you are able to get the game to launch?

If you still run into issues, would it be possible to get a DxDiag?

Thanks!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 7 of 7 (2,080 Views)