Re: Can't change the resolution in Age of Empires 3

by dwalks27

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Can't change the resolution in Age of Empires 3

★★★ Newbie

Ok I'm playing Age of Empires 3 on my PC, but when I want to change the game resolution to the highest ( because I'm currently at the lowest.. ) the game crashes and it says '' Fatal error reported by game ''. Well it's not just for the resolution, I just click on the OK button and it crashes. Please help I'm on Windows 10 and I don't know how to solve that problem  !!

Message 1 of 6 (73,319 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@laurentnoel5 Go to the main AOE folder in your program files, usually found in your x86 directory. Find Fage3x.exe,  RIGHT CLICK and select properties. Select the Compatibility TAB and disable display scaling on high DPI settings.

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (74,492 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Age of Empires 3 is not an EA game (it's from Microsoft), so it's off topic here.

Anyway, here's a potential solution on the Steam community: https://steamcommunity.com/app/105450/discussions/1/598199244886168834/

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 6 (73,234 Views)

★★ Guide

@Fred_vdp

Age of Empires III: Complete Collection used to be on Origin.

Message 3 of 6 (73,038 Views)

Hero

@plokite95 Yes, but it's not an EA game and never has been. EA sells a lot of third party games on Origin.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 6 (73,026 Views)

Community Manager

@laurentnoel5 Go to the main AOE folder in your program files, usually found in your x86 directory. Find Fage3x.exe,  RIGHT CLICK and select properties. Select the Compatibility TAB and disable display scaling on high DPI settings.

Darko.png
Message 5 of 6 (74,493 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

thank god for people like you...where would this world be without such a great person...

Message 6 of 6 (48,547 Views)