Can The Godfather 2 please become backwards compatible for the Xbox One

by DeepFreeze121

Original Post

Can The Godfather 2 please become backwards compatible for the Xbox One

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Dearest folks at EA Games,

Hello, my name is William and I am just a simple high school student in Ohio and a long-time fan of your works.

One of my favorite games is not a modern one and not even made within this decade. I am talking about the Godfather series. I have played the first Godfather game on my Playstation 2 which I still own and fell in love with the game ever since. Then when I seen the Godfather 2 on shelves in the store, I was breathless. 

Once I aquired enough money to buy the game, I was so exited to play it on my new Xbox 360 that I got as a Christmas present. Once I found out that you are able to create your own gang, I was thrilled to say the least. After I have beat the game, I wouldn't be able to put the controller down because I would have so much fun just goofing around in tge streets and claiming an entire city as my own. The games these days seem to have left these sorts of games behind and that fact saddens me. 

The hours and hours of fun I would have with both of the Godfather games would be amazing, but alas, I have lost the disc to the first Godfather and sold my Xbox 360 not knowing that the Godfather 2 is not backwards compatible.

What I ask of you is if you are able to make the Godfather series backwards compatible for the Xbox One or PS4. I do not know if it is either you who holds the licensing rights to the Godfather title or Paramount Studios, but it would bring me so much joy if you were to simply consider this idea and it would make me burst with happiness if this persuaded you to actually make the games backwards compatible (or at least the Godfather 2) available for the Xbox One and PS4.

If you are not the people who own the rights to the franchise, then it is ok. It makes me happy that I simply tried to persuade you to bring back such a masterpiece of a game. You may not even read this and that is ok, you are a triple A studio with no doubt many big projects, and as I have stated that I am just a simple high school student and I have no idea how licensing rights work or how hard/time-consuming creating a backwards compatible game really is.

Sincerely,

William

Message 2 of 4 (9,391 Views)

Will The Godfather 1 and 2 be on Xbox one

★★★ Newbie

Please I really love these games and miss playing them 

Message 1 of 4 (9,368 Views)

Re: Can The Godfather 2 please become backwards compatible for the Xbox One

Community Manager

@DeepFreeze121 

Thanks for posting, we do not have specific info on your request other than to show you where to look should your favourite game(s) become available on current generation platforms:

EA Access Vault

XB1 Backward Compatibility catalogue

Thanks again William.

barry.png
Message 3 of 4 (9,362 Views)

Will the first Godfather game ever be backwards compatible on Xbox one?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Please, I ask the don that he do me this one favor and add this to backwards compatibility. I know it’s asking a lot because it would mean going through a lot to make these things happen. But if there was to be a remastered version or even just the backwards compatible version it would make many many people happy. When I was younger in my teenage years the first thing I would want to do is get home and start up my Xbox. Working for my way to the top, showing those that you don’t F**k with the Corleone Family. I’d be glad to pay for this, id buy it in a heart beat just to be able to have this. You guys did one f***ing hell of a job on this game. 

Message 4 of 4 (9,338 Views)