Re: Can EA remake or make available on ps4 the original Harry Potter games?

by ivrognard

Original Post

Can EA remake or make available on ps4 the original Harry Potter games?

★★★ Newbie
Seriously, I want to to play the OG games so bad! The Lego ones are great, but it's not the same. The original games were so vast and immersive. I just want them available for ps4, please! Uuugh 😩
Message 1 of 7 (6,467 Views)

Community Manager

@bcrazy26 Hey, I doubt there would be a remake any time soon. If this changes we'll be sure to let folks know, but for now there's no news. I checked and it's not in the PS Now games list so for now the only option is to play it on an older console. 

Thanks for the post, sorry that we couldn't help. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (6,442 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there any update on this? I want to play them all again, but don't have an older console on which to play them on Frown 

Message 3 of 7 (5,700 Views)

@anon32 the rights are with Warner, so EA has its hands tied. EA can't remaster, remake, develop or make compatibility patches unless Warner gives them the okay. Which is highly unlikely. EA's license for Harry Potter expired quite a few years ago and Warner won the bid. Since then, Harry Potter in videogames was represented by two Lego Harry Potter games and two mobile games. Nothing like what EA did when they had the license.

It's a sad thing, as many of us would love to see the old Harry Potter re-released in the digital format and remastered. Those were pretty good and fun games. 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 4 of 7 (5,692 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I doubt it ever happen, it's a shame those games stayed on PS2. 

But hey I still hope to get at least 1-3 on ps4/5

Really good games.

EA you can make this happen, so just do it.

These games don't deserve to sink into oblivion. Talking from a long term fan of the series books/movies/games. It would be such a great thing for every fan in the world, plus it will draw some new ones and everyone will be happy. Us the fans to have the games and you to have our plus the new player's ca$h.

At least consider it. 

Wish you all the best.

Message 5 of 7 (2,585 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@g3orgu wrote:
EA you can make this happen, so just do it.

@g3orgu  As stated before, they can't. The rights are with Warner Bros.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 7 (2,560 Views)

Community Manager

I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread as it is quite old.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 7 of 7 (2,512 Views)