CANT FIND

by ColonelSander

Original Post

CANT FIND

★★★ Newbie

Hi there, I wanted to buy Lord of the ring: battle for middle-earth 2. But on the market page of the product, there is no link to buy it.

Thx in advance

Message 1 of 3 (425 Views)

Re: CANT FIND

Community Manager

Hi @ColonelSander

The Origin store does not offer this game for sale digitally. We can only recommend locating a trusted local or online retailer for a physical copy of the game.

Good luck on your journey.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 3 (369 Views)

Re: CANT FIND

@ColonelSander sigh...EA doesn't have the rights to sell the game anymore. They've lost the license many years ago (about 9 or so). While they did developed the game, the game was based on a time limited license. Once the license expired, EA lost all the rights to sell or use the Middle Earth universe. Warner is the current owner of the license to make videogames, movies and sell products based on the Middle Earth Universe. And they've shown no interest in collaborating with EA or allowing EA to sell the titles they've developed for the Middle Earth franchise. Warner stepped in when the EA's license expired and bidded a greater sum that EA could ever afford (after all Warner was one of the largest corps on the planet and they've became even greater after their merger with AT&T). 

You can find second-hand physical copies, but you will probably have trouble playing them. Quite a drag to install those on Windows 10 due to the copy protection used on the discs.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 3 of 3 (350 Views)