Burnout Paradise Remastered PC Crashing on initial loading screen

by Froggy19

Original Post

Re: Burnout Paradise Remastered PC Crashing on initial loading screen

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Is it me, or is even replying to this thread a PITA!?? It appears I can only Reply to other posts, I can not simply post a new comment to the thread - is everything EA do this much hard work!? 

TL:DR at bottom for my fixes

Anyways.... I'm here in 2022 having just purchased the game (At the £17.99 price point I might add, not the bargain £5 offer).  I see even 4 years later this game is STILL plagued by the same stupid problems.  I must've spent a good 10+ hours trying to make this game work, and the EA online chat was next to useless.  In fairness actually, the 2nd person chatted with did feel like they were actually trying to help - the first one was p*****g me off. Typically going by the script regardless.  I'm waffling.... I wanted to say thanks to everyone in this thread for tirelessly figuring out the gazillion possible things that could break it.  It honestly feels like a broken down car, and every mechanic you take it to to get it checked is convinced that the problem is entirely different from what the last one said lol

For me, the game refused to even launch.  I would double click my BPR Icon, Steam would launch, then minimise to tray, then Origin would launch, then there was some kind of flicker that looked like Steam appeared and disappeared, then Origin would close to tray, then about 5 seconds after, it would appear on screen again as if I had just opened it.

-No Virtual Camera or webcams, never installed whatever added those, no capture software, Windows name is "IAmOrion" so no awkward characters. FINALLY I found someone mention the Origin In-Game Overlay.  Turning that OFF *Finally* allowed me to launch the game.  I got all excited, only for it to then crash at the "Connecting To Servers" part. (headbutts wall).  After more hours of this crap (With EA having me try "Offline Mode" - which DID work - but I wanna play online obv).  Turns out another comment here also saved me - eventually I realised I had someone in my friends list who I can only assume deleted their account, since there was no name, just a completely random number which I'm assuming is a numerical EA ID of sorts (it wasn't a GUID, but was a long number - over 25 characters).  After removing that, IT WORKS! I feel like I deserve a refund AND extra! £9.50 an hour (National Living Wage) at a solid 10 hours - @EA, You OWE *ME* £95!!!!!!!!!!!

I Should add - I've not used Origin/EA since 2013 apparently! The DRM in this game is BS and needs to be re-released WITHOUT Denuvo, EA, if you're reading this - This kind of DRM is a pain in the behind! I shouldn't have to install other game launchers when I purchase via Steam.  Not to mention it's YOUR Origin app that BROKE the game! I don't how to go about it really, but there needs to be a petition or something to have the DRM removed.  NO ONE will buy ANY EA game until Denuvo or other awful DRM that required more software to be used is removed.  I've never had a game cause me so many problems in my 30 odd years playing games etc.  What an absolute joke.  Other releases on Steam are being / have been re-released WITHOUT Denuvo or any DRM (Other than Steams DRM or whatever they have) - I suggest you do the same!

TL:DR

1) Problem: Game wouldn't boot - Fix: TURN OFF ORIGIN IN-GAME OVERLAY

2) Problem: Crashing at "Connecting to Servers" - Fix: Check friends list and DELETE anyone with over 25 characters in their name

Message 441 of 446 (2,023 Views)

★★★ Novice
@IAmOrion_Origin For real. This game still does not work. I have no webcam, no fps monitor software installed, no capture software. Clean new win 11. This POS does the same thing on my win 7 rig as well.

The 43 mins in play time of this game in steam, is me trying to launch it.
Why does god damn EA have to make things so * hard.
And why is it modders can fix games that these devs and publishers are allergic to fixing. Bunch of useless * anymore.
Message 442 of 446 (1,932 Views)

★★ Novice

I can play the game completely fine but i cannot join any online lobbies as the game crashes immediately. I can hear people driving in the background but the screen freezes. Anyone see this?

Message 443 of 446 (1,712 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, about the problem crashing when "Connecting to servers", you can try 2 things
1. Use this link ( https://bpr.bo98.uk ), download BPR Modder, install it, and install the "Core Bugfixes"

2. Search for the Burnout Hints Discord (I don't know if i can put it here, just google it), go to #support and ask for the Modded Config Tool, then open it, and disable your camera.

I also got the same issue that the game doesn't boot, yes, i tried many things, i could even make it work twice, but when i restart my pc, the problem comes out again.

Message 444 of 446 (1,483 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Jesus H Christ!! After 4 frakkin days and 2 calls to support this OBS virtual cam uninstall fixed the issue! Thank you MadDragon!!

Message 445 of 446 (499 Views)

★★★ Newbie

idk if you got it to work again but i did everything and nothing had been working then i was screw it let me plug in my webcam and it worked like nothing was wrong

Message 446 of 446 (298 Views)