Re: Bring Battlefield Play4Free Back

by TheSwordFisH4

Original Post

Bring Battlefield Play4Free Back

★★★★★ Novice

It's a year since the game was shutdown, presumably due to the death of gamespy. However the community is yearning for the game's return and I know many would pay money just to play it again. I believe there is a lot of potential for EA to make more money from the game, as well as please its customers here. I want to at least put forward the idea of a revival of this game, as I wish nothing more from EA. I just hope that somewhere someone at EA who truly cares about this game and/or its players will maybe probe the possibilities for a revival. I believe it would be easy for EA as the game is already created, all the would have to do is fire up the website. There would be plenty of community servers soon enough, so EA wouldn't have to bare the cost of that either. If EA has 0 interest in reviving the game, as they most probably do, then at least make it possible for external creators to do something with the game to make it playable again! EA wouldn't lose any money for this, and I'm sure there would be a developer studio who would even pay for the rights, and then re-brand it themselves. I beg anyone of any importance at EA who might see this post to at least attempt to put forward the idea for someone to think about. It would be a pleasure to see EA do something that really shows they care about its customers, even if it requires some work. To the EA representative reading this, please please please take some time out of your day to try and do something for the community of this lost game, we will be forever thankful. 

Message 1 of 13 (3,150 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @ukwiz

It is always nice to see some truly hardcore fan of EA title post here. Standard smile 

I will forward your post to our management department, since EA is always looking for a fresh and new ideas. And who knows what they might come up with in the future.  

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 2 of 13 (3,136 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the response :D

I appreciate your efforts, it's nice not to get an automated reply. Please notify me if you hear of any progress on this issue :D

Message 3 of 13 (3,131 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Will sure do @ukwiz

And you let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 4 of 13 (3,113 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I also just wanted to leave this petition with 32,271 signatures here, just as proof that the community really does want it back. Just something that might prove the worth of this game to EA.

https://www.change.org/p/electronic-arts-save-battlefield-play4free

Message 5 of 13 (3,102 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I understand that there are probably many things to do in the management department and the priorities they have, but I just wanted to check up if you had received any information back on the revival of Battlefield Play4Free. There are so many things I could say about this. With the massive hype over the release of Battlefield 1, I think it's safe to say there are many who want to get involved in the Battlefield franchise. I really think there is a demographic for this game to appeal to, maybe unlike the other free-to-play games that were also shut down. There are so many who want to play Battlefield, but do not have the necessary systems to run games such as BF1 and BF4. I myself played the BF1 beta and will be buying it as soon as possible, but I know that EA can still provide the Battlefield experience with Battlefield Play4Free to those gamers who are less fortunate and cannot dream of playing the AAA variations of the Battlefield franchise. I may be saying all this in vain, but I just want to do my best to persuade EA of the worth of Play4Free to them. I appreciate your correspondence a lot Archi, but I would also like to make sure EA can really hear my argument here as much as possible.

Edit: After taking a glance at this forum, I think it is even more evident that there is a hunger for free-to-play games such as Play4Free to return.

Message 6 of 13 (3,082 Views)

★ Guide

errrr..... That thing.... I played it for some time just to fix my obsession for BF2 nostalgia.... To say truth that game make some fans but in my vision he was ended in right time.

Maybe in future EA bring back another online free game, but this is another history.

Message 7 of 13 (3,069 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It has been a fair while since you forwarded my message to the team. I would be thankful if you could let me know of their opinion/plans on this matter? Thanks.

Message 8 of 13 (3,009 Views)

★ Novice

2018 finishes soon .. i still watch Battlefield Play4free Videos

Message 9 of 13 (2,599 Views)

★ Novice
@TheSwordFisH4 its 2020 and i still watch it lol...
Message 10 of 13 (1,786 Views)