Battlefield Vietnam

by SucceededKiller

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield Vietnam

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey,

I was told by the live support to post here so I can get updates on the situation regarding Gamespy terminating their servers on May 31st http://www.poweredbygamespy.com/pricing/ . (I couldn't find a Battlefield Vietnam section here) 

So far I know EA are looking into what they can do but that they have no timeframe for when they'll have a decision so I don't expect anything soon.

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 28 (14,830 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Gamespy shutdown (Battlefield Vietnam)

Hero (Retired)

here are quite a few questions about this already. You can continue to play Battlefield 2142 (as well as Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, and Battlefield Vietnam) on GameRanger.

See also this EA Help article where GameRanger is recommended:

Currently, you can join multiplayer matches for most of these titles using services provided by GameRanger. More details on their services are available at www.GameRanger.com.

View in thread

Message 6 of 28 (15,570 Views)

All Replies

Re: Battlefield Vietnam and Gamespy terminating their servers.

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@SucceededKiller Hi,

We are working on finding a transition but still have hurdles. We'll make an announcement when there is news to share.

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 28 (14,757 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The community of battlefield vietnam is still alive and in my opinion you, EA, can't last the situation as it is now. It would be much better if you give the owner right away(open source), make the game free to play or if you add an new multiplayer server, that is getting moderated by someone.

The game wasn't an big hit, but it has potential and someone should refresh it. Not like BFBC2 vietnam. I dont speak about graphics or anything, it's the gameplay that makes the game special. There are just too few bugs and a bad netcode, but i have been playing it for several years and i always came back after a break, so please try to find an solution. The best would be if you give it away. It have to be hard as such an big company like you, but imagine, this game isn't even listed in DICE's production list(or whatever it is called), so who cares? Almost no one will buy this game anymore.

Message 3 of 28 (14,723 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Nils ,

Would you at least be able to let us know whether Gamespy deals with solely the server list on Battlefield Vietnam or whether it is involved in other services such as authentication etc? It would help us inform the players on the server as to what to expect. Currently we are hoping direct IP will still work but it is near-impossible to get any information regarding this especially from the live chat staff.

Message 4 of 28 (14,696 Views)

Gamespy shutdown (Battlefield Vietnam)

★★ Novice

I was told to post another topic so hopefully I can get some more information on this one.

Gamespy was supposed to shut down on June 30th, yet it seems to still be running just fine. I've talked to EA's live support and GLU mobile's support (The new owners) but neither seems to know exactly what is going on. Any information would be appreciated so we can let the people on Battlefield Vietnam know exactly what is going on with the game we all enjoy playing.

Message 5 of 28 (14,470 Views)

Hero (Retired)

here are quite a few questions about this already. You can continue to play Battlefield 2142 (as well as Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, and Battlefield Vietnam) on GameRanger.

See also this EA Help article where GameRanger is recommended:

Currently, you can join multiplayer matches for most of these titles using services provided by GameRanger. More details on their services are available at www.GameRanger.com.

Message 6 of 28 (15,571 Views)

★★ Novice

The game can currently be played even without gameranger because we still have a server list.

While I understand there are third party solutions like this, that will continue to allow people to play, knowing the date when Gamespy actually shuts off its servers is what I'm looking for assuming they still plan to.

Message 7 of 28 (14,463 Views)

Battlefield Vietnam no servers?

★★★★ Novice

cant find servers in battlefield vietnam and when i go to update its freezes and then no servers

Message 8 of 28 (14,321 Views)

Battlefield Vietnam

★★★ Newbie

I have buy a new computer and I have also install the game battlefield vietnam but i cant find any online servers. I want to play multiplayer with other people but non server appears. I have alredy update the new patch to the game but it dosent work. The game is original, It s not fake or anything like that.  Please Help

Message 9 of 28 (14,211 Views)

Re: Battlefield Vietnam

★★★ Newbie

Salute!!    My problem involves Battlefield Vietnam. There are a number of servers still active on BFV and, until recently, I enjoyed many hours there. A few days ago I tried to upgrade my Win 7 Home 32 bit OS to Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit..too late I discovered the new OS was counterfeit and forced me to do a complete reformat from DOS. After reloading my old trustworthy Win 7 Home and BFV…I could not “see” any servers in multi-play. I’ve downloaded all the BFV patches I can find and PunkBuster with updates to no avail. I use ZoneAlarm firewall which was no prob before and tried with ZA turned off…no help. Anyone have any suggestions??? Thanx

Message 10 of 28 (14,148 Views)