by Hirinator

Original Post

Re: Battlefield Play4Free

★ Novice

I still miss it, please bring it back..

Message 11 of 20 (2,396 Views)

★ Novice

It's time to bring it back EA. Most of your fans want this game back.

Message 12 of 20 (2,224 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, thanks for the feedback. I will pass it on to the team. 

Darko.png
Message 13 of 20 (2,192 Views)

★ Novice
I have Battlefield 3 but I want play Battlefield Play4Free because my PC is to slow
Message 14 of 20 (2,181 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Please do! I check almost every day for news on this game and i know a lot of people that do as well. We all want it back even if there are no new features, we just want to play the game.

Message 15 of 20 (1,984 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i really want this game back aswell! most fun times was with this one and only game.

Message 16 of 20 (1,809 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I think they should just release the game and server files for the community as long as its used not for profit, open source, as other companies do with their abandonware...

In order to download they could even require you to log onto their platform, agree to a TOS that allows multiplayer use while ensuring protection of the IP and benefit from advertisements on the download link... Allowing users to create their own backend and servers as long as its non profitable

Some groups are already having a play around with the client and have got it semi working but the latest server files are impossible to find.

I dont see EA doing this though, they will either create another F2P BF title or not do anything. 

IMO BFP4F was a gem, even though it was severely flawed and underdeveloped by EA.

The beauty of BFP4F was that it was essentially an updated reboot of Bf2 with progression and customisation that would run on any system, it was simplified and had much of the clunkiness of BF2 taken away which made it easy to jump in and play. 

Arguably the best feature was the option of player owned dedicated, moderated servers which combatted hackers and griefing. Something other F2Ps do not have.

Multitude of weapons, attatchments, cosmetics, Vehicular gameplay, a few large maps (some unique ones and some classic ones), conquest and rush were also impressive.

I believe EA could even polish up Bfp4f and sell it for 20 bucks as "Battlefield Classic" or something, same refractor 2 engine, same gameplay (polished up of course), microtransactions for cosmetics. They wouldnt have to do a lot of work either, they essentially have a working game sitting in their archives they could patch up and sell for cheap with microtransactions. As long as they patch up the bugs, make weapons part of ingame progression and remove the dependance on a website using origin instead. They could even add a BR mode (chuckles)

It was a simplistic but down to earth battlefield game where clans thrived that was simply in need of TLC.

Message 17 of 20 (1,560 Views)

★★★ Newbie

this game needs to come back i need to get my heli kills back on been to long and this was one of ea's overall best game ever released.  

Message 18 of 20 (1,298 Views)

Re: will BFP4F be put on the EA vault??

★ Novice

Hey are u from ea?

Message 19 of 20 (992 Views)

Re: will BFP4F be put on the EA vault??

★★★ Newbie

you guys mean this game?

Message 20 of 20 (849 Views)