Re: Baldur's Gate

by EA_Nils

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Baldur's Gate

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am trying to load Baulder's gate on a new computer for windows 7 home premium and it is not working. I started the game long ago and want to play it again, please if you can give me any help it would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Charlene

Message 1 of 9 (639 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

@charlene45 wrote:

yes i am, 

@charlene45 Thank you for the clarification. When googling around I found this page, where a user appeared to have the exact same issue as you. The fix for this user was to boot up their Windows in Safe Mode (restart, press the F8 key during boot up, and choose Safe Mode as described here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows/start-computer-safe-mode#start-computer-safe-mode=windows... and then install the game.

After the game was installed, the system could be rebooted regularly again, and the game worked just fine.

Let me know if that helps or you are still experiencing issues afterwards.

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (626 Views)

All Replies

Re: loading Baldurs Gate game on windows 7 home premium

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

That Bioware game predates the association of Bioware and EA, so no local forum exists for it.  There is still an active Bioware forum, although it is a mere shadow of its old self, and I had not had a link for it on my surfing box.  Here it is now:

http://forum.bioware.com/forum/170-baldurs-gate-i-ii/

Message 2 of 9 (633 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@charlene45 wrote:

I am trying to load Baulder's gate on a new computer for windows 7 home premium and it is not working. I started the game long ago and want to play it again, please if you can give me any help it would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Charlene

@charlene45 

Hi Charlene,

I actually played the game recently on the same OS at home without issues. What kind of error are you experiencing when trying to play the game? Is there an error message during the start up?

Cheers,

Nils

Message 3 of 9 (625 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok, i get the load screen, but as soon as i click install, nohting happens. I was wondering why...on my old computer i had no problems,,,

Thanks

Charlene Kirby

Message 4 of 9 (612 Views)

Community Manager
And you are attempting to install it from the original disks?
Message 5 of 9 (609 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yes i am, 

Message 6 of 9 (607 Views)

Community Manager

@charlene45 wrote:

yes i am, 

@charlene45 Thank you for the clarification. When googling around I found this page, where a user appeared to have the exact same issue as you. The fix for this user was to boot up their Windows in Safe Mode (restart, press the F8 key during boot up, and choose Safe Mode as described here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows/start-computer-safe-mode#start-computer-safe-mode=windows... and then install the game.

After the game was installed, the system could be rebooted regularly again, and the game worked just fine.

Let me know if that helps or you are still experiencing issues afterwards.

Message 7 of 9 (627 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I will try this evening when i get home from thanks. I will also let you know if this works

Message 8 of 9 (598 Views)

Community Manager

@charlene45 wrote:

I will try this evening when i get home from thanks. I will also let you know if this works

@charlene45 Sounds good, let me know how it went!

Message 9 of 9 (587 Views)