BFME units die after 5 minuets

by kiritoXasunaXyui

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BFME units die after 5 minuets

★★★ Newbie

hello 

i have recently wanted to get back into BFME1 and i have done all the patches and what not and the games runs but when i start the campain all my heros die within 5 minuets and it ends the can can anyone help me with this issue please 

Thank you 

Message 1 of 4 (480 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BFME units die after 5 minuets

[ Edited ]

@kiritoXasunaXyui that is the copy protection kicking in. While the problems occurs mostly on the pirated copies, it does occur on the legit copies sometimes, too. For the legit copies, the solution is doing a full uninstall (involves deleting whatever remains after the uninstall, save folder and anything related to BFME)

P.S.: use only the official patches. The last patch for BFME 1 was 1.03, if i am not mistaken. Anything after this version is definitely the unofficial patch, which may create its own set of problems.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (457 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@kiritoXasunaXyui that is the copy protection kicking in. While the problems occurs mostly on the pirated copies, it does occur on the legit copies sometimes, too. For the legit copies, the solution is doing a full uninstall (involves deleting whatever remains after the uninstall, save folder and anything related to BFME)

P.S.: use only the official patches. The last patch for BFME 1 was 1.03, if i am not mistaken. Anything after this version is definitely the unofficial patch, which may create its own set of problems.

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 2 of 4 (458 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ivrognard thank you for your help the game works fine now i can finally play it after so many years haha thanks again
Message 3 of 4 (445 Views)

@kiritoXasunaXyui glad it worked. If it would be so simple with some of the other oldies....Standard smile

Anyways, enjoy one of the best RTS ever made. 

Message 4 of 4 (434 Views)