Re: Army of two the 40th day DLC xbox 360

by Roose91

Original Post

Army of two the 40th day DLC xbox 360

★★★★ Novice

around one year ago the Army of two: The 40th day dlc " Chapter of deceit" got delisted on the xbox 360 markedplace.
But the dlc for the japanese version is still avaidable.
It there any chance that we get a relisting of the dlc?

Message 1 of 16 (2,899 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@kugelblitz2211

I'd also really like to see this happen.

I appreciate that notice has been given for the server closures, but the delistings do not seem to be widely announced prior to happening. EA really ought to handle this better moving forward. 

I wanted to purchase this DLC only to find out yesterday it was delisted last year.

It would be great if it could be relisted, even temporarily until the servers close. I know there are numerous people (myself and Kugelblitz included), from dedicated achievement sites who would jump at the chance to give you some more sales for this DLC.

Message 2 of 16 (2,874 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, I am not aware of any plans for this but will pass your feedback on to the team.

I'd love to see the games and all DLC available again preferably in a remaster. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 16 (2,852 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@kugelblitz2211 Adding myself among the many who would be very interested in purchasing the dlc if it was made available, many that i've communicated with recently share the same sentiment.
Message 4 of 16 (2,821 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Roose91 in generell EA is most of the time on point when it comes to server closure, making the life of us achievement hunters a bit easier.But there are still some cases where we simple getting ghosted.
Like server closure for fuse or this case. Its also quit interessing that the dlc is still avaidable for the japanese version, why would there be a difference ingerenall? i would def grab the dlc for fullprice when there is a relisting.
Message 5 of 16 (2,765 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Darko @EA_Darko like "Roose91" above me said. there are numerous people that would love to pay for the 360 dlc.
i am not a big fan of remaster because its completly unnecessary, would be more awesome about a new titel.
thanks for you effort Standard smile
Message 6 of 16 (2,762 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko We would like the DLC to be temporarily relisted so we can finish off the achievements. Remaster would not solve this problem. Thanks.
Message 7 of 16 (2,419 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Darko Relisting expired DLC would be profitable for EA. When the Dante's Inferno DLC got relisted, it was announced on TrueAchivements.com and achievement hunters came out in droves to purchase the DLC before it was delisted again. The game has seen a recent spike in popularity due to the server shutdown. Relisting the DLC right now would be the perfect time to attract the most buyers.
Message 8 of 16 (2,416 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i am not sure if the Dantes inferno was a actuell relisting, because the dlc is only available on xbox one and not on xbox 360.

Message 9 of 16 (2,396 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hey Darko, I don't know the circumstances surrounding why the game and DLC were delisted beyond the server shutdown. I find it strange the DLC for the first Army of Two game was eventually relisted, albeit only via the Xbox One marketplace. The servers for that game were shut down years ago yet we can still purchase that game and the DLC? Regarding The 40th Day, it's totally understandable if it's due to some licensing issue; it happens to the best of games and it's probably not feasible to renegotiate for an older title that isn't BC on the Xbox One/Series. That being said, it would be awesome if the team could find a way to at least make the DLC available in some capacity. Us achievement hunters would sure appreciate it.

We've seen some interesting approaches in the past that worked well. In a rare move of generosity, Activision added the DLC for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 and 2 as part of the digital game file for those who owned them on the Xbox 360. That approach may not be the best for The 40th Day as having the DLC installed can break other achievements until players have reached specific milestones in the base game, but it's just an example. Others have faced expired licenses that required a game to be delisted, but they were able to change the cost of the DLC to "free". I assume that would require approval from the license holders, but they may be amenable to this approach as nobody was profiting from giving the DLC away. When the Xbox team was forced to delist the Minecraft Story Mode games they were able to relist the episode purchases by "selling" them at an impossibly high price, but allowed those with the season pass or physical copies to claim every episode. Some companies even had the ability to generate redemption codes for their delisted content and could provide it to anyone who contacted their customer support. Wild, but I dig it!

I know you all are working hard and I don't want to keep yakking your ear off. My wall of text will probably fall on deaf ears, but if you do happen to read this let me say that every achievement hunter out there would be eternally grateful if the team found a way to provide the Chapters of Deceit DLC to those who own the game. Even if it means relisting it on the store for free. Heck, that goes for any EA game with delisted DLC (looking at you, Corleone Challenges for The Godfather).

Thanks for your time, Darko.

Message 10 of 16 (2,065 Views)