American McGee's Alice

by Aeroncandy

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

American McGee's Alice

★★ Novice

I have the game "american mcGee's alice" but my cd-rom won't play because my dvd case in my laptop is broken.Is there a way to download the game and play just by the desktop shortcut? I can verify that the game is authentic using the key inside of the box.  Is there a link somewhere? 

Message 1 of 5 (904 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: American McGee's Alice

Community Manager (retired)

@Aeroncandy 

In this situation you might want to try contacting our support at EA Help - https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/contact-ea-help/

Our adviser might be able to help, but I'm afraid I cannot guarantee a positive result since we're talking about a pretty old game. But if the code was already redeemed and it's just a case of finding the right account, they might be able to assist you with this.

/Ataashi

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (845 Views)

All Replies

Hey @Aeroncandy 

Can I ask if you've tried to redeem the code from the box on Origin? Wondering If the code gets accepted it should grant you a digital version of the game, which you can download from your account on PC. No DVD reader needed.

/Ataashi

Message 2 of 5 (881 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@EA_Ataashi 

I tried to redeem it but it says that the number is wrong.. Is it maybe because I have already played the game once?? I have this game for so many years and I have finished it once before. i also cannot find it on origin or at the EA store to even buy it again.. I might end up buying the Madness Returns instead since it's cheap and play that.. Thanks anyway!

Message 3 of 5 (865 Views)

@Aeroncandy 

In this situation you might want to try contacting our support at EA Help - https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/contact-ea-help/

Our adviser might be able to help, but I'm afraid I cannot guarantee a positive result since we're talking about a pretty old game. But if the code was already redeemed and it's just a case of finding the right account, they might be able to assist you with this.

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 5 (846 Views)

@Aeroncandy sadly the first Alice game was not available on the Origin store as a standalone product (it was released 10 years before the Origin store came into existence). It could be added only if you've bought Alice: Madness Returns Complete Collection from a retail store, as the product offered the original Alice game, Alice Madness Returns and the pre-order DLC's. It was also available for a time as a digital release at Amazon.

Bottom line, if you had only the original game, you won't be able to redeem it on Origin without support's help (just like EA_Ataashi already suggested). And even then the chances are slim. Still, worth a try. 

I hope that EA will add it on the Origin store as a standalone product or include it as a bonus for Alice: Madness Returns (for a higher price, of course, as i do not expect it to be free). 

I do not work for EA and i am not associated with the company in any way. I am a player just like you, trying to help wherever i can.I will not answer to any unsolicited PM.

Message 5 of 5 (818 Views)