Age of Empires 3

by rudevasofia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Age of Empires 3

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Ive just downloaded age of empires 3: complete collection. when installing i was asked to enter the product key. so i did. and it is saved to the account  it is visible in the game details. but whenever i try to run the game it says enter product key but when i enter the product key it came with it says that i have not enter a valid product key. if no help is forthcoming i will be after a refund.

thank you

Message 1 of 20 (12,005 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Age of Empires 3 Missing product keys for dlc

Community Manager

Not all games available in Origin are made here at EA. For those titles and games that we didn't have a hand in getting out there, we usually aren't able to help you as well as the people who really put in the work.

While we're happy to help you with any issues between you making your purchases on the Origin store until you start installing, but after that point it's best to get help from your game's publisher: 

View in thread

Message 16 of 20 (9,186 Views)

All Replies

age of empire 3 wont load

★★★ Newbie

Hi downloaded and install age of empire 3 but it wont load I get the error 'the program can start because d3dx9_25.dll is missing from your computer. Reinstall to try and fix the problem.

I have reinstalled twice with no joy.

Allan

Message 2 of 20 (11,956 Views)

Re: age of empire 3 wont load

Community Manager

Hi afdbarlow,

If the reinstall isn't taking, then installing the latest DirectX End-User Runtimes Web Installer should get you going. You can find a MS tutorial here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910813

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 3 of 20 (11,952 Views)

How do I install the expansion pack to Age of Empire III complete collection

★ Novice

I have downloaded the  Age of Empire III complete collection on Origin , but don't understand how to get the expansion. 

I only have the original Age of empire III . War chafes and Asian Dynasties are still missing , they stand under the game as "new" but I can't download them.

Can somebody please help ?

Message 4 of 20 (11,978 Views)

Somebody ??

★ Novice

Does anyone know ? 

I need help !

Message 5 of 20 (11,960 Views)

Age of Empires 3

★★★ Newbie
I bought this game 2 days ago and still don't get how to download it cause that's NO any PRODUCT KEY I can find into an info of game! Is it a joke?!?! 😡😡😡😡😡
Message 6 of 20 (11,900 Views)

How do I change my computer so that it runs with windows xp instead of windows 7

★★★ Newbie

I just downloaded age of empires 3 complete collection for my windows 7 64bit computer.  I previously had the CD copy of the non-expansion version and had to run that in windows xp and as the administrator in order to get it to work.  With this new download from Origin, I can click play in my library but cannot see the game in the Origin Game file on my computer.  I'm not sure if the game didn't install correctly or if there is some way to get to the game's properties to switch it to run with xp.  I haven't un- and reinstalled the game because I'm not sure if uninstalling would delete the game.

Thanks, 

Message 7 of 20 (11,719 Views)

Re: How do I change my computer so that it runs with windows xp instead of windows 7

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@jmikethax wrote:

I just downloaded age of empires 3 complete collection for my windows 7 64bit computer.  I previously had the CD copy of the non-expansion version and had to run that in windows xp and as the administrator in order to get it to work.  With this new download from Origin, I can click play in my library but cannot see the game in the Origin Game file on my computer.  I'm not sure if the game didn't install correctly or if there is some way to get to the game's properties to switch it to run with xp.  I haven't un- and reinstalled the game because I'm not sure if uninstalling would delete the game.

Thanks, 

Hi there,

I don't have Age of Empires 3 installed here to test it locally, but you should be able to find the game executable in the explorer.

Possible installation paths (if not in the Origin Game folder):
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires III\
C:\Program Files\Age of Empires 3\
C:\Program Files (x86)\Age of Empires 3\

Source: http://forum.agecommunity.com/forums/thread/960099.aspx

Cheers,

Nils

Message 8 of 20 (11,712 Views)

Re: How do I change my computer so that it runs with windows xp instead of windows 7

★★★ Newbie

Found it and got it working.  Thanks!

Message 9 of 20 (11,707 Views)

Community Manager
Awesome! Thanks for coming back to confirm.
Message 10 of 20 (11,704 Views)