A question about the Mercenaries series and EA's ownership

by AceOfSpade0

Original Post

Accepted Solution

A question about the Mercenaries series and EA's ownership

★★★ Newbie

I've heard that EA have continually been renewing the Mercenaries 3 website and have semi-recently allowed for Mercenaries: playground of destruction to be revitalised on the Xbox One. I know that there's likely not another game in development but I would like to know, is there a plan for the series? EA seems to have remembered it but not utilised it and personally, I think it'd be a shame to let such a great independent property go unnoticed, especially one with such potential. So I doubt it but if there is anything going on or any reason behind EA's acknowledgement but distance to the series (it seems a bit strange, like how rockstar owns midnight club but hasn't touched it in years despite being a well loved series with dedicated fans) please let me know any case cause I've loved and replayed both games several times and would love nothing more than a 3rd installment. Thanks for answering.

Message 1 of 4 (797 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: A question about the Mercenaries series and EA's ownership

Community Manager

Hey @AceOfSpade0 I am not aware of any plans for another Mercenaries game. Like yourself I would love to see the series return as part 2 is one of the most over the top and fun games that I have ever played.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (715 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @AceOfSpade0 I am not aware of any plans for another Mercenaries game. Like yourself I would love to see the series return as part 2 is one of the most over the top and fun games that I have ever played.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (716 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for the response. Do keep me posted if you do hear anything. Still, it still feels weird that while they keep it close, they don't say much about it. Glad to know that many others also love the series and would like to see another. A bit unsatisfying to hear that there's nothing in plan but I'm still holding onto hope at this rate. Thanks for letting me know. Standard smile

Message 3 of 4 (635 Views)

Community Manager

Will do @AceOfSpade0,

I was replaying Mercenaries 2 over the weekend and it holds up rather well.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 4 (611 Views)