A Way Out crashes

by mthai710

Original Post

Accepted Solution

A Way Out crashes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I've just installed A Way Out, but it keeps crashing right before I start a new game. I also can't make it through the credits without it crashing. No error messages pop up.

My GPU is pegged out at 100% as soon as AWayOut.exe loads. See attached for DxDiag. I'm on an 11th gen i7 processor with integrated Iris Xe graphics. My video settings in the game are set to fullscreen with the lowest resolution possible and everything else is set to low or off.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Message 1 of 20 (15,875 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: A Way Out crashes

Community Manager

@mthai710 Are you running any Anti-virus or other security to allow Origin and A Way Out through? If you still run into issues, can you try running a repair by right-clicking on the game tile in your library and selecting repair?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

View in thread

Message 2 of 20 (15,842 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@mthai710 Are you running any Anti-virus or other security to allow Origin and A Way Out through? If you still run into issues, can you try running a repair by right-clicking on the game tile in your library and selecting repair?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 20 (15,843 Views)

Community Manager
@mthai710 Wanted to confirm if you were still running into crashes?

Illium.png

Message 3 of 20 (15,756 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I'm still running into crashes. I've tried disabling antivirus, repairing the game, reinstalling the game entirely, and reinstalling Origin. Any other ideas?

Message 4 of 20 (15,697 Views)

Community Manager

@mthai710 Can you try reinstalling the latest GPU drivers and if it continues trying a Clean Boot? If it still keeps up can you share a new DXDaig after doing these steps?

Illium.png

Message 5 of 20 (15,687 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Illium Same thing happening but nothing is working, I think issue with iris xe graphics.
Message 6 of 20 (15,541 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Because while intel iris xe graphics the game crashes but in very low spec laptop the game is working fine... I'm still finding solutions to stop crash.

Message 7 of 20 (15,540 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@EA_Illium Can confirm, am on a brand-new laptop with Iris Xe, on a brand-new Windows installation with all Windows and driver updates and it's crashing. This definitely shouldn't happen. DxDiag is attached.

Message 8 of 20 (15,394 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@moqmarJust found out that there's a newer Intel driver by Intel itself that's not yet shipped to Dell and Windows Update: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30381/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers

With the latest version 27.20.100.9466, it still doesn't work though.

Message 9 of 20 (15,388 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Which laptop it is?

Message 10 of 20 (15,358 Views)