Re: game crashing when taking screenshots requesting "runtime to terminate

by EA_Kent

Original Post

Accepted Solution

game crashing when taking screenshots requesting "runtime to terminate it"

★★★ Newbie

sometimes when i try to take a screenshot, the game instantly crashes and puts an error that says

Runtime Error!

Program: [my da2 bin_ship directory\DragonAge2.exe]

This aplication has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the aplication's support team for more information

and the window itself [on the bar at the top of the window where you can X out] is called "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library" (vs also being called dragon age 2)

the game itself is still open when the error message pops up, and audio still plays but nothing happens until i close the error/game...i havent actually payed attention to if animations and stuff in game keep going after the error message pops up, just that audio keeps playing and the screen doesnt go dark or anything

so far, the game has """successfully""" added the files to my screenshot directory, and they have the proper screenshot names with the time they were taken and .jpg file ending, but the files are corrupted and apparently have 0 bytes.

fwiw i'm playing on windowed mode because fullscreen kept crashing when i switched windows too much, im on windows 10, and playing the origin version of the game

Message 1 of 3 (848 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hi @caledfwlchqueen

When you've got the chance can you try downloading the most recent Visual C++ Redistributables from the Microsoft Support website to see if that helps? 

Let me know if you're still running into the same crashes after that. Thanks! 

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (786 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

ah and now i got the same error message crash while reloading a save, not taking a screenshot

Message 2 of 3 (841 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @caledfwlchqueen

When you've got the chance can you try downloading the most recent Visual C++ Redistributables from the Microsoft Support website to see if that helps? 

Let me know if you're still running into the same crashes after that. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 3 of 3 (787 Views)